1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Game runs poorly after monitor upgrade switched display hz

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by a plane guy, Nov 24, 2022.

1. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

Ive recently upgraded my monitor from a 24 inch lenovo monitor to a more powerful 32 inch samsung monitor, when doing so it automatically switched the display hz from 60 (my old default) to 144 hz and the game has started to run extremely laggy.
    I have cleared all mods in thinking i had to many (i had 460 lmao) and cleared cache, i still got the same results.
    I messed around with the graphics settings and the only way i could actually get it to work like it used to was to have the graphics on low (i used to regularly use ultra maxed out fine) or just use 60 hz which is laggy on the monitor, i tried various other games (minecraft, garry’s mod, stormworks, Team fortress 2, ect) and they ran completely fine, if not better.
    Am i missing something? Im extremely confused

• Like Like x 1
  2. TheWater1234

TheWater1234
    Expand Collapse

Set the monitor frequency to 60 Hz. I have it set and the game works very well (because 60 hz is the maximum resolution of my monitor lol)

3. Gregory TheGamer

Gregory TheGamer
    Expand Collapse

Monitors should never affect how well a game runs unless you changed resolutions. Your description is quite vague as none of us know what resolution you had before and what you have now. Not to mention that no one knows the specs of your system.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

both monitors could run the same hz, i had it on 60 but the new monitor set it to 144hz
    copied from settings

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz
    Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
    my gpu is a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 super

5. Gregory TheGamer

Gregory TheGamer
    Expand Collapse

We still don't know the resolution of your new and old monitors. If you used to run on 900p and are now using a 1440p monitor it's only logical that the game doesn't run as smoothly as before.

6. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

As Gregory said, please find the resolution of your new and old monitors. The games you listed that you tested with typically aren't very graphically intensive, and BeamNG can be. the resolution has a huge impact on performance, moving from 1080p to 1440p has your GPU rendering nearly double the number of pixels.

• Like Like x 1
  7. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

Oh I thought you meant the hz lol,
    Last time i checked the old monitor had 1920x1080, and afaik it didnt change on the new one, ill double check the new one after though.

edit: yeah its the same

#7 a plane guy, Nov 29, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
  8. Fluffy Panda

Fluffy Panda
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

9. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

Forgot to mention that i managed to fix it by lowering a couple of ingame settings that id never used before, thanks for offering to help though

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice