1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Game uses way too much ram even without mods, is there any way I can limit it?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Nemisis_HD, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Nemisis_HD

Nemisis_HD
    Expand Collapse

Hey everyone, I just bought beamng yesterday but im having some problems with it.
    The game uses way too much ram, I only have 16 gb of ram and it easily maxes that out, which has caused my entire pc to crash twice. At one point while loading the forrest part of a map, ram usage reached 13gb. Is there any way I can limit the amount of ram beamng can use?
    Thanks

#1 Nemisis_HD, Feb 15, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  2. deSuperNoodle

deSuperNoodle
    Expand Collapse

i have 16gb of ram as well and the highest i have ever seen my game use was 11gb, that was with mods and 7 other vehicles loaded and on a extremely big map. Maybe try verifying game integrity or launching safe mode, or try clearing the cache. I'm not sure if u can limit how much ram it uses.

3. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

Possible ram leak, please contact developers for help. I have 8GB ram and can run American Road without problem.

4. Fluffy Panda

Fluffy Panda
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice