Games I should get for PS4

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Kasir, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Kasir

Kasir
    Expand Collapse

By next month, I plan to be in the market for a PS4. I figure there are a good number of PS4 players here, so I want some game suggestions. I plan to trade in or sell both my One S and X and the games I have for them. Depending on how much I have leftover from that, I'm hoping to get at least 2 games and maybe more if I have more money left than expected (not likely though).
    Here's a list of games I already plan to get, separated into the following categories (some may appear on multiple lists)
    -Owned and played on XB
    -Upcoming Game
    -Never owned or played
    -Played, not owned
    -Maybe pile

1.Owned and played on XB:
    -Star Wars Battlefront
    -Need for Speed (2015)
    -Watch Dogs 2

2.Upcoming:
    -Watch Dogs 3
    -GRID
    -CyberPunk 2077

3. Never Owned/Played:
    -Spider-Man
    -Farcry 5
    -Detroit Become Human (DBH)

4. Played, but not owned
    -GTA V
    -RDR2
    -Gran Tourismo Sport
    -Just Cause 3 or 4

5. The Maybe Pile:
    -CyberPunk 2077 (Can't form an opinion)
    -DBH (Not 100% my preferred style of games)
    -Just Cause 3 (Life cycle is complete, and 4 seems better)
    -DIRT Rally 2.0 (I love the franchise but I feel this was made for rally experts, and I'm not one of them)
    -NFS Payback (Wasn't great but I'd take it over The Crew 2)

With that out of the way,
    Suggest away.
    --- Post updated ---
    Fun fact I actually came close to owning GTA 5 but the douche at the GameStop counter convinced my mom not to get it because of the content despite her saying I know the difference between games and real life. He still said, "We don't recommend it." I may be 13 but shit, I know not to do the stuff you can do in GTA.

2. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

Persona 5 (if you like JRPGs, this is one of the best ones ever made seriously)
    The Witcher 3
    God of War
    Red Dead Redemption 2
    Tales of Berseria (if you like JRPGs)
    Nier Automata
    Soulcalibur VI
    Earth Defense Force 5

#2 PriusRepellent, Aug 16, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. G-Farce

G-Farce
    Expand Collapse

Seconded Nier Automata...but you have to play it till Ending E at least or don't bother

Crew2>Payback which is pretty dead online btw

Wipeout Omega Collection

Uncharted

And you can try F2P games:
    Crossout
    Warframe
    Apex Legends
    I'm not gonna say fortnite

GTA5...yeah even at my gamestop I overheard the dude recommend something else over while the mom was at the checkout lmao

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kasir

Kasir
    Expand Collapse

I'm not wasting my money on The Sh*t 2 ever again. Payback is dead in every aspect and still trash, but I still have fun in it.
    I will definitely try to get my hands on Uncharted 4 and Wipeout is a good one for when I have friends or family over. F2P online games aren't 100% my style but I will indeed check those out. I only play Fortnite with my friends but it's honestly trash otherwise. I stopped doing game shopping at Gamestop and moved to Best Buy. Somehow they are more reasonable when it comes to that. When I was asking for a copy of Watch Dogs 2, which is rated M, they didn't try to drive my mom away with that bull. Gamestop acts like kids are terrorists that will do absolutely everything they see in games.

I know Persona has a story of sorts that I know nothing about, so I would if I was more knowledgeable of it. Tales of Berseria seems like a fun fighter. RDR2 is definitely something I would get despite watching multiple playthroughs. God of War is good for me because I need more rage games in my collection. The Witcher has never really crossed my mind but 3 seems really good and lots of people I know like it. Nier Automata seems downright amazing. Same for Soulcalibur. I've never heard of Earth Defence Force but it looks pretty fun.

Thanks to both of you and sorry for the late reply. I forgot about this thread shortly after I planned to respond.

5. G-Farce

G-Farce
    Expand Collapse

I was also gonna Say check out Horizon Zero Dawn because it's another Solid PS exclusive, but I haven't played it myself. I just know its solid

Also If you like Wipeout but want something faster and with quite different controls but dead online.. Go for Redout. I thought I wouldn't like it as much as wipeout, but now that I have wipeout I want to play both. Though Redout isn't a PS exclusive unlike wipeout, if that matters.

Man I wish MCLA still had Online...that game was murdered I swear

• Like Like x 1
  6. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

Wikipedia's description of it fits perfectly without spoiling it:

Persona 5 takes place in modern-day Tokyo and follows the protagonist Joker following his transfer to Shujin Academy after being put on probation for an assault of which he was falsely accused. During the course of a school year, he and other students awaken to special powers, becoming a group of secret vigilantes known as the Phantom Thieves of Hearts. They explore the Metaverse, a supernatural realm born from humanity's subconscious desires, to steal malevolent intent from the hearts of adults.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice