On Hold Gavril D series NASCAR truck (release date yet to be determined)

Discussion in 'Land' started by matty1080, Aug 1, 2017.

?

do you prefer me using rendered images in my updates or if i use the screenshots of the models?

Poll closed Aug 19, 2017.
  1. rendered

44 vote(s)
    65.7%
  2. unrendered

23 vote(s)
    34.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matty1080

matty1080
    Expand Collapse

i dont think i will try to make real life NASCAR stock cars because my modeling skills are not that good yet. but if i can get this to work i might try to make more body shells based on other cars from beamng to attach to the base chassis

2. Nathan 03

Nathan 03
    Expand Collapse

That's what I was meaning :)

3. Kentucky Fried Chicken

Kentucky Fried Chicken
    Expand Collapse

Ask some guys in the NR2003 community. I'm sure they can help out.

Btw I love you for coming up with this. Finally we have some sort of NASCAR mod. Not just a NASCAR mod, but a NINETIES NASCAR mod. Back when the truck series was an infant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. matty1080

matty1080
    Expand Collapse

i personaly was not expecting me to be the first
    making a nineties nascar truck works out realy well for two reasons...
    one - the time period of the truck its based off
    two - the engine model being used ( it a for barrel carburetor not injection) is period correct with the regulations of the time.
    as a bonus it just looks cool

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. POLLEpontus

POLLEpontus
    Expand Collapse

Cant see the pictures :O

6. matty1080

matty1080
    Expand Collapse

you should be able to see the pics now
    thanks for pointing that out

7. MaxisFabulous

MaxisFabulous
    Expand Collapse

as a NASCAR enthusiast, i would like to congratulate you on your attention to detail so far, at this point it would be a shame to see it be abandoned
    i would love to be a beta tester and be able to give back input on how the car handles compared to a stock car (i race locally)

EDIT: make sure you add the HANS device

8. matty1080

matty1080
    Expand Collapse

That would be excelent
    At the moment there is nothing to beta test but once i get the models done and the car working in the game i would love to hear your feedback
    I am currently working on the seat but im strugling with finding any useful photos but as you just happen to own a race car perhaps you could give me a hand? It would be super helpful
    As for the hans divice. Correct me if im wrong but wont that require a driver model first because i wasnt planing on making one

9. jjjjj

jjjjj
    Expand Collapse

here are some images

10. matty1080

matty1080
    Expand Collapse

sweet thanks so much

11. jjjjj

jjjjj
    Expand Collapse

np also please don't hesitate to ask me for some images

#31 jjjjj, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  12. supercharge71

supercharge71
    Expand Collapse

Like I said on the other thread matty thank you very very much for taking this project on. I am willing to beta test too, a possible suggestion for the future is to create a beta test group and drop updates and get feedback regularly and easily.

13. matty1080

matty1080
    Expand Collapse

I think that beta testing would be super helpful however i dont realy know how to create a group or set up the project so that it can be tested
    If someone could explain how to go about doing all of this then i will certainly try and set up a beta test group

14. Kirakat

Kirakat
    Expand Collapse

Please make a version with drag suspension and slicks? Like, Big legit 12-15 inch wide radials, And a wheelie bar. The nascar chassis is basically the same as a Drag car chassis so it would lend itself very well to being a drag truck also.
    This is Jackie knox's Sanoma. It's a smaller truck but, It's close to a nascar chassis in a drag truck.

15. matty1080

matty1080
    Expand Collapse

My aim is to make the suspension fully adjustable so making a drag setup could be done i guess
    I dont no about making drag radials or a drag racing engine and transmission. If i was to do that i would probably release it as a serperate mod and edit the model to be more drag orientated instead. We shall see

16. AJB

AJB
    Expand Collapse

Looks Good!

17. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

I would like to applaud you on doing this venture. The D15 is PERFECT for a mid-late 90's nascar truck. I saw them race in 95' and it is to this day the loudest race I
    have ever been to.

Please ignore the often passive-aggressive and ridiculous attempts by people to do "beta testing". Do this at your own comfortable pace and do not feel the need to respond to every
    post, this place ain't goin' nowhere;). Take your time.

• Agree Agree x 7
  18. matty1080

matty1080
    Expand Collapse

thanks, i want to get it done by the end of the year, or at least working in the game. with the beta testing i don't really know anything about it so its not really a priority, if i think it will be helpful i may set it up but for now its not. as for the answering comments, i dont feel pressured into responding, i just enjoy reading people suggestions and answering peoples questions, often i come up with new ideas simply by thinking of a response. i dont think of it as a chore if that makes sense but i appreciate the concern anyway. one last thing, i will make sure that the car makes the loudest sound of any car in the game MWAHAHAHA!

19. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Great attitude! I look forward to watching this baby evolve:cool:.

20. Kentucky Fried Chicken

Kentucky Fried Chicken
    Expand Collapse

NASCAR and drag chassis are not even close.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice