Released Gavril Roamer Jurassic Park Tour Car 5.0 - Remastered

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by JorgePinto, May 31, 2017.

1. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

New version available! Fully compatible with 0.21, and also fixed some config issues, since the old style from in the Jurassic Park Roamer was using the wrong trim version.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jecoyud1905

jecoyud1905
    Expand Collapse

The classic one head lights is no texture

3. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

Delete your cache folder and make sure you're using the latest version, the mod is fine.

screenshot_2021-03-22_08-55-10.png

• Like Like x 1
  4. jecoyud1905

jecoyud1905
    Expand Collapse

Attached Files:

• Untitled.png
  5. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

6. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

The remaster is live! :)

Beamic Park repo version awaits approval.

screenshot_2021-05-20_15-57-05.png

• Like Like x 3
  7. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Epic new update! You can make electric drift police now!
    sads.png
    But a couple of things are weird:
    • On repo version seems like the tires have real branding
    • Wheels aren't fully yellow, only the surface is
    • Body colored front fascia seems to be the same as beamic one
    • It has a radiator for some reason, electric cars don't have them, they could have electric radiators instead but they are not a thing in this game yet. I suggest putting a cover there instead
    • Beamic tailgate doesn't allow rear flashers
    • There is no speedometer inside???
    • Antennas behave really weird, I preferred the old ones even though they couldn't fall off

8. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

Thank you! :) I'll answer the things you listed here:
    • On repo version seems like the tires have real branding > Weird, I just checked and the current Beamic Park version in the repo has fictional branding, only this one has the actual logos. I would suggest a cache cleaning, the JP Roamer files might still be loading out of cache.
    • Wheels aren't fully yellow, only the surface is > I think it still looks realistic, there is no real need to paint the whole thing yellow, only what's going to be seen.
    • Body colored front fascia seems to be the same as beamic one > I don't really get this one, sorry :(
    • It has a radiator for some reason, electric cars don't have them, they could have electric radiators instead but they are not a thing in this game yet. I suggest putting a cover there instead > Electric cars do have radiators, to cooling the batteries during charging.They are smaller than ICE ones, but at least a good chunk of them have them, like current Teslas for example.
    • Beamic tailgate doesn't allow rear flashers > AFAIK only the barn door support those, so I didn't include them.
    • There is no speedometer inside??? > No, the the driver side in the movie car dash was symmetric with the passenger side didn't had any gauges. Real life replicas had ideas around this, like hiding the gauges and adding a camera in front, and by selecting a special channel in the infotainment screen, you could see the data. I thought of something similar, but since the movie car didn't displayed the speed anywhere, I decided to stick to that.
    • Antennas behave really weird, I preferred the old ones even though they couldn't fall off > They start to act and look weird after being torn off I agree, but being able to do that is something I've always wanted to do, I would prefer having someone helping me improving them rather to go back to the 'indestructible' phase...

9. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Ok so the branding is probably a problem on my side. About the wheels, the color becomes visible when you shred a tire. With the fascia I mean that I don't get why the beamic one exists if the body colored one could be used on the configs instead, unless there's a subtle difference between them I'm not seeing. About the radiator, I believe electric car radiators behave different so you could swap the Vivace electric radiator there (after it gets updated because currently that radiator does nothing). About the flashers, I know only barn doors have them, but why not add them to your tailgate too? About the speedometer, if it didn't have one in the movie then I guess it's fine like this. And about the antennas I think you should mess around with node groups and placement of the nodes, see how it's set up on the Hopper for example and try to replicate that.

10. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

I noticed the rim being unpainted when the tire is gone yes, but I checked the movie and it looks like it's not supposed to be fully painted, so that's why I left it like that.

The fascia...the difference is the mapping, the Beamic/Jurassic matches the livery, and the normal body colored one doesn't, maybe they could be merged, I will try to in the next hotfix.

As for the radiators, yes, I'm waiting for that too, meanwhile it keeps the original one, which also does nothing but fill the empty space nicely.

The flashers...I was about to add them to the custom tailgate, but since it wasn't part of the mod (the plan was just to add support, not do anything not available in the stock parts) I didn't went ahead. Could be added in the next hotfix maybe, I'll have a look at it.

And the antennas, I tried to mimic the same node/beam structure as the ones in the police cars for example, I will try to refine things for the next hotfix too.

11. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

If the wheels are not fully painted in the movie, then yeah leave them like that. And about the antenna, I meant node groups, not the n/b structure, it's the other thing that makes a huge difference in terms of deformation and beginner modders often overlook this.

12. jasel

jasel
    Expand Collapse

will be there update?

13. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

For what? 0.24 AFIAK hasn't broken anything yet in the mod, the only things I noticed so far are a couple of badly mapped areas in the rear of the glass roof, in which reflections look weird, but that's about it. It's something I want to fix, but unless at least a few more things arise, I don't think even a hotfix is necessary right now.

screenshot_2021-12-13_08-10-32.png

14. jasel

jasel
    Expand Collapse

ok. thx

15. JoshD

JoshD
    Expand Collapse

This was working a couple of weeks ago but for some reason it's being shown as blank in mod manager with only 'invalid date' showing up under 'date added' & 'date created'. Anyone else having issues?

16. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

Its looks like it was removed from the repo, thats possibly why
    EDIT wait no it wasnt i dont know whats going on for you

17. JoshD

JoshD
    Expand Collapse

It was downloaded from this thread though, not through the repo. Sorry, meant to say it's blank in my mod manager.

18. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

ah, most mods downloaded from the forums stay blank in mod manager

19. JoshD

JoshD
    Expand Collapse

Ha, I never payed attention I guess. Either way, it's not showing up in game, cleared cache & re-downloaded the zip & replaced it to no avail.
    --- Post updated ---
    Never mind, something was just being stupid & it's showing up now after a couple of reloads. Sorry.

20. MC-X

MC-X
    Expand Collapse

This mod is LEGENDARY!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice