Released Gen 6 NASCAR Stock Car

Discussion in 'Land' started by Solarpower07, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Bolt2407_Beamfan

Bolt2407_Beamfan
    Expand Collapse

Alright.

2. Solarpower07

Solarpower07
    Expand Collapse

The 4096x4096 texture size is optional, it's higher just in case your scheme needs to be higher resolution or if you want it higher resolution. Basically, it's just in case. Generally however the size you save it as would be 2048x2048 for file size and in-game performance optimizations.

• Like Like x 1
  3. stephenmunger16

stephenmunger16
    Expand Collapse

I am still in need of help with this, I'm sorry. I made a whole new skin, saved it as a 2048x2048 .DDS and as BC1 (sRGB, DX 10+) as previously told, using body_decals fom the original mod. I didn't go in and change the materials or jbeam besides to further confirm that my .DDS needed to be named "body_skin_stephenmunger". When i run the mod without the DDS, it works but with no texture (as expected) but when I add the .DDS to the file, the skin gets removed from the skin list. Any ideas where to look at? Did I export the skin from paint.net wrong maybe?

Attached Files:

4. Bolt2407_Beamfan

Bolt2407_Beamfan
    Expand Collapse

Oh, well. I mean, Imho the higher resolution the better, but that was the size of the body_decals template in the mod, so yeah.
    --- Post updated ---
    No. The only reason why I said for you to export the skin from paint.net is because there's an issue where the skin appears washed out, but by re-exporting it in Paint.net as BC1 (sRGB, DX 10+) it doesn't appear washed out. You packaged it the wrong way again.
    --- Post updated ---
    I fixed the packaging for you, it should work now. Just drop it in your mods folder.
    upload_2022-3-4_2-0-1.png
    Great skin, by the way.

Attached Files:

#1024 Bolt2407_Beamfan, Mar 4, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2022
  5. stephenmunger16

stephenmunger16
    Expand Collapse

Thank you so much for the help, it truly means the world to me. I will use this to keep learning so I can also, hopefully, be a helpful and producive member of this community. :)

6. Bolt2407_Beamfan

Bolt2407_Beamfan
    Expand Collapse

Haha, you're welcome. ;)

7. stephenmunger16

stephenmunger16
    Expand Collapse

Here is a follow-up to the earlier posts asking for help, after being helped make my first skin, I was able to build another one, without having to send broken files in/out of the thread. Please let me know of any improvements I can be making to these skins, as I'd like to eventually help release some past IRL schemes :)

Attached Files:

8. Bolt2407_Beamfan

Bolt2407_Beamfan
    Expand Collapse

Nice, although I noticed that there was an error.
    upload_2022-3-4_4-9-44.png
    Looking at the nameplate json file, you tried to make it have the same banner as the other one, but when 2 skins try to use one same asset the game gets confused, and inserts this default one instead. I fixed it for ya.
    Also, there's bigger NCS logos when there's already one on left and the right. Was this on purpose?
    upload_2022-3-4_4-25-25.png
    Anyways, still nice skin. Great to play around with.
    Screenshot_2391.png Screenshot_2389.png Screenshot_2390.png

Attached Files:

9. stephenmunger16

stephenmunger16
    Expand Collapse

I didn't even catch that myself before releasing that LOL thank you for fixing the name plate. I got so excited that everything loaded up that without double checking just sent it in, since this time it took me 20 minutes to package this one and not 2 days ike the first 1 lol, my bad XD

10. thallcharlie32

thallcharlie32
    Expand Collapse

How do i make custom schemes?

11. thallcharlie32

thallcharlie32
    Expand Collapse

that doesnt help me at all

12. RacingTeam73

RacingTeam73
    Expand Collapse

Uninstalled the 2fast mod but the car is only a shell but still drives. need help

13. stephenmunger16

stephenmunger16
    Expand Collapse

There is a lot of information on how to do it, almost a full explaination from pages 50-upper half of 52.

While that doesn't answer your question, I hope this does. I will list off the steps as I understand it so far.

1. You need to make a vehices folder. Inside it, a nascar folder, and inside he nascar folder, a folder with your skin name. It should look like this --> vehicles/nascar/(skinname) *change skinname to what you want it to be.

2. You're going to need Paint.net (its free to download) for this next part. You need to use the "body_decals" files in the dev folder of the original mod, and open it in Paint.net. It works kinda like ms paint, kinda like photoshop, but when you are done, you need to save the file as follows... body_skin_(skinname) *again, change skinname to what you want the skin to be named. MAKE SURE THE NAME IS THE SAME ACROSS THE FILES*

Save it as a .DDS file, and make sure you set it to BC1 (sRGB, DX 10+) as well.

3. Go into the original mod, and copy 1 segment of the jbeam file, and 1 segment of the materials file, and paste them into seperate files. You should now have a materials file with 1 segment of code, named skin.materials, and it should be your JSON file. You also should have a JBEAM file, with 1 segment of code, and it should be named nascar. In both files, change the old skinname you copied with the new skinname (what you have the skin folder, and skin body named), make sure you change all of them (I recommend using Notepad++, theres a tool that'll do it for you if you type the conversion in).

So far, you should be abe to open the file from vehicles, to nascar, to skinname, to the contents inside where your "body_skin_skinname" DDS file, your "materials" JSON file, and your "nascar" JBEAM file. You're almost done!

4. Go back to the original mod, copy the "namepates" folder, and paste it in the skinname folder. Inside the namepate foder, you should have a "nameplate.materials" JSON and a "nameplate_skin_skinname" DDS file inside. Open the DDS file in Paint.net, and center the name you want on the rear nameplate, save it exactly like we did earlier to the body skin, but make sure the nameplate DDS is called "nameplate_skin_skinname".

Now, you're pretty much done. Zip the vehices folder up, that way, when you open the zipped file, it reads as vehicles/nascar/skinname, then opens contents. Drag the new zip file into mods, and that pretty much does it.
    --- Post updated ---
    I am by no means an expert, I'm activly learning the process myself. The last skin I made, nameplate isn't working but all else is, so I'm still trying to figure out the details myself. Hope this helps :)

14. Bolt2407_Beamfan

Bolt2407_Beamfan
    Expand Collapse

Deep clean cache.

15. Alpha_Wolfie916

Alpha_Wolfie916
    Expand Collapse

Soo I download this mod a few days ago I noticed I don’t have the flaps on the roof or the hood what do I do about that

16. bastion.exe

bastion.exe
    Expand Collapse

You have old version

17. Alpha_Wolfie916

Alpha_Wolfie916
    Expand Collapse

So I just need to delete the files and reinstall them

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. ModerNoob

ModerNoob
    Expand Collapse

yes

19. Alpha_Wolfie916

Alpha_Wolfie916
    Expand Collapse

Ok will do thx

20. Alpha_Wolfie916

Alpha_Wolfie916
    Expand Collapse

Still don’t have the flaps I downloaded all the files for the car and I still don’t have them

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice