General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. XManic1995

XManic1995
    Expand Collapse

what the fuk?!?

• Like Like x 1
  2. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Daaaanng...I didn't see any sort of hit-and-run in that video. Unless the dashcam driver had hit one of the people who got out of the Journey (which I highly doubt happen), I didn't see any need for the V35 driver to be so butthurt about that that he would risk an accident happening by blocking the road.

3. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

Some people just have nothing better to do than start conflicts with others i guess...

4. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Then go for one if you want it and id say try to learn fixing the car yourself

5. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

So "Grow a dick and fix this shit or be a bitch and ditch this shit"

6. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

It's an ethical problem. Rock and a hard place.

Do we support self-driving cars and deprive ourselves of the joys of driving on good roads, but decrease the accident numbers and make motoring more enjoyable for the 90-95%, or not support them and not only make it worse formthe non gearheads, but also make ourselves have to endure the worse roads?

Honestly, with so many people not interested in cars, I'd say we just need to prepare for self-driving. Trying to stop that is like trying to stop a tsunami with an aluminium sheet.

7. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Basically i guess. Also i just found out that if you want to charge that tesla truck itll need nearly the same amount of energy that an american household used in a month

8. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

You're right. We can't stop it. Doesn't mean I'm just gonna happily accept it and act as if nothing was lost. And what'll happen to motorcycles? They can't be self driving.
    I don't know what people 20+ years ago were doing. Thinking that the future would be any fun. You can't do anything without it being considered a drastic risk to your health, and can hardly do anything yourself either. It's almost like they don't want us to do anything whatsoever. I mean think about it. You could, if you wanted too, probably stay at home without hardly leaving ever. You can work there, shop there, speak to others there, there's entertainment, and the list probably goes on. The only reasons I leave here is because I don't work at home, I have college to go to, and occasionally wanting to go out with friends, or just drive/ride somewhere for abit. In my opinion, the world is going downhill very fast...

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

The answer from my father is "A lot of Drinking and a lot of regrets"

10. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

And in the meantime, talking about how the 70s were much better.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Nathan 03

Nathan 03
    Expand Collapse

Did the camera car actually hit the Dodge?
    Anyway, it's just a stupid ricer whose car probably has more brain cells than him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

No he said the 90's where the best years of his life, he was born in 1971 and lived in a how can I say it a redneck kinda of place and the 80's had Reaganomics which wasn't good for the lower class at the time.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

14. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

I’ don’t get it...?

15. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

Ditto...
    I'm guessing the images on their shirts might be significant?

16. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

That middle guy is me in a nut shell

17. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

its aimed mostly at shotgun chuck I think, fitting name for the poster

18. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

We're racing towards a dystopian future that values nothing but the preservation of life, regardless of the quality of that life.

Anyone ever seen that movie "Wall-e"?

Self driving cars are probably the single most terrifying thing I've ever heard in my entire life, not only from the prospect of having multi thousand pound machines loose in the wild being controlled by nothing but a series of 1's and 0's. Not to mention the cultural ramifications of their introduction.

• Agree Agree x 11
  19. Pervin.M

Pervin.M
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Sadly,good condition ones are all automatics,and manual ones are all high ,mileage...

Fml....

20. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

While I do agree to an extent... It's not like having vehicles driven by humans is all that reassuring.

95% of the crashes are apparently caused by human errors and deficiencies. How surprising, with all the shitheads around...

If automomous vehicles can even just reduce the frequency of fatal crashes, I'm all for it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice