General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

I've always liked the 405, 406 (particularly the Pininfarina coupe) and 407, although I'm not a big fan of the 407's front end since it has that ugly looking 207 face.

Peugeot can definitely make a beautiful car when they feel like it though. Just take the old 306 or the new 508 for instance:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

It was presented in 2015 by the way, when this new gen came out. It looks like an pimp my ride vehicle.

3. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

There was a foreign (European) student in the same accommodation as me last year who had a really nice spec of 308sw GT line in a really deep midnight blue. It looked genuinely stunning, even when it was parked along side more expensive cars. The paint job was just fantastic, since it wasn't metallic, it was a pure gloss finish, and the light reflected off it perfectly.

I don't think the car did that many miles, if it did, they must have cleaned it after every journey to keep it looking as good as it did.

4. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

I fell in love today.

$4900. FX4, aftermarket exhaust and suspension, 130,000 miles

• Like Like x 2
  5. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

First pic is a 406. While nothing exceptional, it's still one of the best (relatively) recent designs by Pininfarina, its styling echoing that of the way more expensive Ferrari 456.

Following generation of Peugeots (x07) was entirely designed in house and it's more or less ruined by the stupid gaping mouth in the front.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Don't mind me, I was being dumb :p
    Forgot which character they changed for the generation...

I should have said Peugeot 40x Coupé range of cars

7. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

As a Lynyrd Skynyrd fan, I just had a good LeMons idea:

- Team name - Lymyns Syckyrs,

- Car - 1976 Ford Elite (https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/d/1976-ford-elite-pahrump/6518385822.html)

- Why? - Because it's basically like the 1976 Ford Torino Gary Rossington, the group's guitarist, wrecked in a DUI crash in '76, inspiring the group's song That Smell. Also, it's a Malaise personal luxury coupe from a town named Pahrump.

- Modus Operandi - Talk the buyer into lowering the price, remove some parts to lower the cost, paint it orange, with a "Lymyns Syckyrs" logo parodying the band's one, damage the car to make it look more like Rossington's (https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-medi...center,h_675,q_80,w_1200/18s0kbm1c7vikgif.gif) put empty whisky bottles, Quaalude packets and coke paraphernalia inside, fit bits of an oak tree to the front and play Skynyrd songs on the track.

#11547 MrAnnoyingDude, Apr 1, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  8. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

F series?

9. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Any facts on this Freightliner XC chassis? (Besides that it works for making RVs.)

10. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I didn't mention them in my post but the 208 and 308 are great looking cars as well.

I think we're just in an amazing era for car design in general, especially for cars on the more ordinary side of things. The other week I was with a friend and spotted a brand new Skoda Fabia in a parking lot, specced out exactly like this:
    upload_2018-4-1_0-6-4.png

And I just couldn't stop gawking at it. It's crazy how good this looks for something so basic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

2003 F-150

• Like Like x 2
  12. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Skoda is almost always good at design, they can really hit the nail on the head.

13. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

they only had a wierd time inbetween the new models and the ones directly after the takeover from VW with the facelift of the Octavia 2 for example but since the 3rd gen they look good again

Attached Files:

• Download.jpg
  14. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Since I am currently at my parents house for Easter, figured I would get a picture of the Hyundai Coupe. Gotta say it looks nicer than I remember it looking.
    IMG_20180401_094139_01.jpg

I might actually have to have a look into them. Cause if the insurance is cheap enough it could be a fun car. Only problem being that my parents own 2 Hyundai's, therefore I don't really want to make that 3 Hyundai's in the family.

15. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

What would be better? "Generic Silver"? "Company White"? "Funeral Black"? "Depression Grey"? "Fecal Brown"?
    --- Post updated ---
    Sure? This seems like it was designed with a ruler:
    Rapid-Gallery-slider-7.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Skodas are inoffensive at best...

17. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

Sometimes inoffensive is exactly what a car needs to be.

18. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Yes, definitely.

Skodas, much like their VW and SEAT-badged siblings, are becoming increasingly naff and overstyled though.

19. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

I'd rather have an overused color than an ricer/pimper color. Also, what I mean is that it does it's job well for design.... except for the 2017 Octavia, the quad headlights wasn't the best choice.

20. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

Since when coloring your car has become ricing?

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice