General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

I just found this Tacoma in Charlottesville Now I have one question is the bumper good, also why is there a squirrel rubbing the nut stick.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

What about Lincolns?

3. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

I saw that post, when I was looking for a car.

4. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

5. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

It could be much cheaper, but since it's not as common nowadays, that's probably why it's priced at that rate.
    It's not like I'll buy an Eagle, just interested to see opinions on said car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

"Rare" does not mean "desirable".

Your car may be rare, that does not mean it's the next 250 GTO.

That might just mean nobody wanted it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

I already know. It's not like Eagle was able to stay alive for that long, since it lasted only 11 years, which is not an good sign if your brand can't survive as long as others like Plymouth, or Oldsmobile, or alive brands like Ford or Cadillac.

8. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

The Eagle Premier is a textbook example of why cars rarely work on both sides of the pond.

They basically asked Giugiaro to do what he does best: to turn a car (the Renault 25) into any car...

Bland as dishwater looks to dress-up a frankensteined mess of Renault underpinnings... "What could possibly go wrong?"

• Like Like x 1
  9. JetPoweredMacintosh™

JetPoweredMacintosh™
    Expand Collapse

Okay, so I was just looking at something in my thrift store when I heard this heavenly V8 sound coming from outside. Thinking it was a Corvette I looked out the window and saw it was just some worn out DTS.

I had no idea the Northstar could sound that good.

10. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Honestly I like how it looks, except for the wheels. They look massive on that car for some reason.

Also, I wasn’t able to watch it all the way through. So the battery can warm itself up, but is it cooled really well too? One of Tesla’s advantages in battery wear is how well controlled their batteries are, wondering if Jag has put the same amount of work into theirs.

• Like Like x 1
  11. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I hope they have, it certainly sounds like they may have done.

Whether they will be able to sell them or not is where I worry a bit. Cause Jaguar doesn't have the same sort of coverage as Tesla and while most people have some understanding of Tesla's vehicle line-up, Jaguars is a little more cryptic. Jaguar are not really known by the public as being an innovative brand. When people think electric, they generally think Tesla.

• Like Like x 1
  12. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

But if they (the buyers) do some research theyll find that jaguar is a much more stable company and if theres something with the car in the next years theres a 100% that theyll find parts for it were as tesla could still go under at some point

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Lets not get ahead of ourselves, it's still Jaguar xD

Going to be interesting to see if reliability is good for Jaguar on the I-pace, with it being completely new ground for them. And if people are leasing it they probably don't care so much.

You could also claim that Tesla vehicles have a track record (things being a known value, rather than a good track record necessarily) for depreciation, reliability and longevity. Whereas the I-pace is a bit of an unknown at this point.

However, in my opinion branding is perhaps the most important factor. More important than how well a car suits your needs. Jaguar Landrover have done a great job of this with RangeRover, but they have struggled to sell Jaguar vehicles and in the UK the second hand market is flooded with very cheap old Jaguars because they are uneconomical and expensive to repair.

Then there is obviously public awareness for a product, BMW makes some decent EV's. But they are not all that common and a lot of people don't consider them when buying a car.

Not to say that any of this is insurmountable. But it's all potential issues.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Stynger

Stynger
    Expand Collapse

What do you think about Kia Stinger?

2018-kia-stinger-sports-sedan-photos-and-info-news-car-and-driver-photo-674389-s-original.jpg

15. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

16. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

I personally dislike it. The face looks swollen, and the taillights just don't fit.

17. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

My guess is still that if mercedes audi and bmw will make desirable electric premium cars the air around tesla will wear thin also for me id pick the jag as i like the design more and im rather fed up with the problems i hear that tesla has (also you can get away with anything if you have a jaaaaaaag)

• Like Like x 1
  18. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

The iPace probably uses Tesla battery tech. Tesla opened the patents as royalty free

19. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

This is my college graduation car. The G35 will be traded towards one in a year or two.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice