General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

What I am meaning is that they aren't as reliable as the average engine and require a lot of maintenance. The parts aren't cheap either so that adds those engines to the not great list IMO

2. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

Even their normal engines are fantastic. The M30 is great and robust.

Also, the B58, the Supra engine, has won Ward’s Best Engine for 3 years straight.

3. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

People make 1,000+HP on BMW engines app the time. I can't say the same for the rest of the car, but their engines are pretty great. They could be worse, they could be FCA.

We don't talk about the 2.7L V6.

4. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

I'm still skeptical. Its supposed to be a sports car, so it needs a manual. It shouldn't have been called the Supra.

5. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

The N63 is the modern BMW bad egg, not the B58. They’re fine.

6. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

The new GT500 is automatic only. I'm with you, I'm in camp "Manual All the Things!", but we're in a point in society where the car in and of itself is in jeopardy because of tree hugging hippies. I just bought a new car and it's an automatic and I love it. Modern autos are so fast and smooth that it's really hard to not like them a bit. I get about 90% of the satisfaction from pulling a paddle shifter that I swinging a stick.

7. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Yeah 4AGE was literally a ford/cosworth clone.

But it'll be fine. Someone will get it tuned fast.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

I would rather be driving the 5-speed Saabaru I had with worn out shifter bushings and a slightly slipping clutch than an automatic anything. The only reason I got rid of that car is that it had head gasket issues, no A/C (a necessity in the Southeast), and really bad rust. If there is no manual in a so called "sports car" then something is wrong. I like how Ford is putting the same engine in most of their cars, because the manual from the 4 cylinder Mustang can be swapped into most RWD Fords.

9. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Trumpchi, do I imagine, but is there bit of the hair look of certain similarly named dude?
    upload_2019-1-16_22-36-59.png

• Like Like x 1
  10. Deleted member 197509

Deleted member 197509
    Expand Collapse

How to ruin a clock 5AD3A6CE-3349-4BA8-ADC4-419C6188D799-1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

It looks like a Telluride.....

Autos are never as satisfying. Even modern ones. DCTs can be.

12. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I miss summer. I like the season of summer so much.
    The landscape itself is beautiful. Everything is lush and leafed and bloomed out, and you can immerse yourself in the landscape and enjoy it because you aren't freezing your balls off. Take a hike. Go for a swim. Go kayaking. Or some combination of the three.
    You don't need a warm house to party in the summer. Any open place out of eye and earshot of houses is a prospective party spot. Especially at night, when it isn't too hot. Cool spot by the lake, open field, mountain top, clearing in the woods. Anywhere. You can do pretty much the same thing in the winter if you have a fire, but fires are very conspicuous.
    So much opportunity for fun adventures in the summer. Winter is so bleak.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

I am indifferent. I just don't like it when rain is heavy enough to soak you through or snow. Also hot, fuck heat.

14. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

There is short time at spring when it is nice, no snow, no bugs, no extreme heat either, but no grey cloudy or rainy either. Then it is ruined by approaching summer all kind of pollen, blood sucking insects and all the professional drunks to avoid, while temperatures make you cooked pork with any movement.

Autumn gets then again better, it just has rain every now and then, but at least temps are somewhat less and there can be long times without a rain.

Winter is then where you can't get anywhere as there is too much snow, it is kinda too cold to wear light, but then it gets way too hot when you move around or you freeze when you stay in place any number of seconds.Also it is always dark and grey, air is so dry skin starts bleed and is very itchy, every morning you wake up it is like someone would of poured sand to your throat.

Still looking where it would be around 5C all over the year, pretty much light during the day, dark at nights, no bugs and no snow, especially no pollens.

So I have been quite interested of finding bigger fridge.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

I love the spring time. It doesn't get any warmer than 75° where I live, and no colder than 55°. It's perfect!

Too bad it only lasts two fucking weeks in Southern Ohio before we get plunged into 95° 100% humidity heat.

16. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I enjoy late spring, but I really dislike early spring when it's not very warm yet and it's raining all the time. Early summer is peak. May/June.
    I don't mind the heat much. It also helps that I'm not very allergic to pollen and stuff like that.

17. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

I've had a fucking horrible last two days, so I'm Sat at a bar with a drink watching Naruto. It's nice.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Well I'm sorry, hope things get better soon :D

19. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

It's just really nice to be somewhere when the bar tender knows who I am and can strike up a convo with anyone about video games. Fucking woo

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, work has been REALLY rough the past few weeks. I’m going to an autoshow with some friends on saturday, and my car just got back from the shop, so that’ll be fantastic.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice