General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. C747

C747
    Expand Collapse

The in-game repo needs some polishing up. It has trouble downloading anything. Even a fucking config.
    Now, what games do you know that have a in-game modhub/repo? Only Farming Simulator (which has a well functioning modhub, only the servers eat shit from time to time), and BeamNG (needs some work) come to my mind.

#42781 C747, Nov 22, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. C747

C747
    Expand Collapse

The Chromium-based Edge is a pretty damn good browser. Worth a try.

3. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

Everybody forgets about firefox :(

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Jakux

Jakux
    Expand Collapse

You`ve been using Firefox?
    If yes, my man. I`ve been using firefox for 5 years now and I`m still satisfied.

#42784 Jakux, Nov 23, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

So here's the thing about Chromium Edge...

Proprietary Edge was actually programmed really well for what it was, despite it being kind of slow and having almost no plug-in support. It was and still is the only browser I've come across that will video accelerate properly (so use GPU effectively). Chromium isn't even close to as good for pure media consumption as proprietary Edge was. They ruined that when they went Chromium, so now it's just a fancy Google Chrome with all the same problems in programming.

I remember back in the mid-late 2000's into the 2010's Apple still developed Safari for Windows. To this day it's still my favorite browser on a Windows platform. It came very close to proprietary Edge for proper resource usage.

6. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

Firefox gang

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. C747

C747
    Expand Collapse

Huh, I found the newer one faster than the old one, I don't have a dedicated GPU, so I don't know if iGPUs made any effect with video acceleration
    --- Post updated ---
    I fixed my keyboard a while ago. Some rubber things just popped off the membrane, glued them back, and it's working!
    I also cut the same thumb I stapled and cut with a keyholder. Right thumb, I AM SO SORRY.
    And I almost burned my face turning a stove on when I was gonna do my lunch. Recoiled back and almost destroyed the kitchen at it.

8. kravn

kravn
    Expand Collapse

This is our younger cats 2nd christmas. A few weeks ago, we saw her eating the christmas tree bristles. We thought that if we chase her away from the tree while she was chewing it that she would learn not to do it anymore. No mater how many times we chased her away or yelled no, she kept going back to chew it. We ended up buying some anti chew spray to hopefully put an end to this. Our older cat stopped chewing the tree after we sprayed it, but our younger one just keeps on chewing the dang tree! She will sometimes proceed to look directly at me and then attempt to go under the tree to eat it.
    IMG_20201029_103516651_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  9. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

possibly the cutest problem i've ever heard :) Any way as i've learnt with my cat(s) they think that you are their servant or their above you, as the saying goes cats have no masters. Now im not agreeing with animal violence but sometimes with kittens you need to show who's boss otherwise they'll never obey you :/

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jakux

Jakux
    Expand Collapse

Diego Maradona, legendary soccerplayer, today died of heart attack at the age of 60

I want 2020 to end...

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, no, even with $400 headphones, a $100 sound card, and 1000+kbps FLAC files....

Metallica's St. Anger is STILL a horrible album. Fact.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Kasir

Kasir
    Expand Collapse

the title is pretty shit too (imo)

13. IDontKnow

IDontKnow
    Expand Collapse

Haven't checked the forums much until now, but I just found something interesting:
    Screenshot2020-11-27131730.png
    No, this is not edited.

14. Kasir

Kasir
    Expand Collapse

In case you need further convincing that the in-game repository isn't great, I just sat for 7-8 minutes wait for a mod to unpack, only for the game to freeze completely, and for whatever reason the game is practically impossible to close once it freezes. The mod was only 14.7 mb. Luckily I had my spotify playlist to keep me entertained.

(I dont blame the devs for this, I think it's just the software)

15. C747

C747
    Expand Collapse

Jeeeeesus.
    Meanwhile over here FS19's modhub managed to download 9 map updates and 4 new maps. All in one night.
    I'm impressed it managed to do that lol.
    BeamNG's repo works well only when it wants to lmao.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Jakux

Jakux
    Expand Collapse

Yep.
    Yesterday, I wanted to download Mammoth Valley (you know, that cool map with snow all around) from in-game repo, and continued to play Beam while the map was downloading.
    After about 10 minutes, red alert pop up saying there was an error. Tried 1 hour later and it worked normally.
    Repository sometimes hates me.

#42796 Jakux, Nov 28, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  17. C747

C747
    Expand Collapse

On my end, it's like:
    -Open game
    -Hop into the repo
    -Download something
    -Enter game to crash some stuff lol
    -Repo decides it ain't downloading anything
    -Game loads and error message of the repo gets thrown at me
    It is ALWAYS like that. The in-game repo hates my guts. It does that even with the lightest thing around.
    It loads stuff up when a mod (if it doesn't blow itself up) dowloads while you're playing, I'll give it some credit.
    --- Post updated ---
    So, the sky just fell here.
    IMG_20201128_161101.jpg
    I was in the passenger seat. Neither of us could see 5m in front

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. titantls

titantls
    Expand Collapse

I am not sure how many people watch F1 here, but how many of you saw Romain Grosjean's crash today? Holy shit that was scary.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. RobloxFan2

RobloxFan2
    Expand Collapse

the beamng forums are becoming even more shit that before tbh.

wow! at least he is okay.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Jakux

Jakux
    Expand Collapse

I didn`t but my dad saw this crash and just yelled: ''HOLY SHI- SHOOT!'' Almost forgot that my younger sister was in next room.
    Why?

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice