General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

Re: General discussion chat

Sounds 'spensive tho

2. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

You're worth it xD

3. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

That moment when your guitar teacher won't email you back...

4. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

Replaced the Pentium 4 PC. This one has an Athlon 64 2800+, 512MB DDR RAM and an ATI 9250 GPU. Also used an 80GB IDE drive I had, it's running XP nicely.
    Though it won't last for too long, I've found someone who has some spare DDR2 RAM (1GB I think) and I'll be getting it this weekend, which means I can finally use that Core 2 Quad. I also have leftover thermal paste from my 212 Evo so I'll use that. I hope that GT9500 I have works, else I'll have to use the shitty igpu. Also have a 160GB SATA HDD somewhere, only need to find the damn thing :|

Should be able to run Win 7, it's a mid-end cpu from 2007.

#8464 BlueScreen, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  5. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Christ, even the Celeron M laptop had 2gb of DDR2 in it :p

- - - Updated - - -

Too true:

6. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

So I was looking through my spam folder to see if my guitar teacher got filed under it (he didn't...), and I came across this. I'm still laughing.

When her shotgun to get some nearby. Crawling to sleep josiah went back.
    Tossing aside the distance between her over.
    Closing the child in bed beside josiah. Tell her eyes opened his face.
    Letting his feet josiah opened the child. When josiah spoke up her prayer emma. Close his meal of great big enough.

7. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

Some bitch in my band (likes to make more low blows than anything to get people to laugh) has given me what I'm gonna guess is the flu, and it's the day before a concert. I'm going to go up to her at some point tomorrow and cough back in her fucking face. She brought it up halfway through practice today, and I never usually get sick. It's just coughing and a mild headache, but I'm not letting that stop me. XD

8. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

Hehehe

Show her who's boss.

9. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone know where I can find models of UK banger racing cars? I'm looking for the main 4 shapes for the iconic cars of the classic banger racer... basically these following cars from the 1980's

Grenada Saloon (saloon)
    Grenada Estate (estate)
    Ford Capri/Grenada Ghia (2 door coupe)
    Nissan Bluebird (4 door hatchback)

Anyway, not that I'm looking for these specific models although I would appreciate it. The best I've found came from an old carmageddon mod I used to play with called Seduction of Destruction. The models are perfectly usable, only issue is I cannot get them into .3ds max. If someone can do THAT for me I'd be happy. The reason is that I've been fucking around with the Ibishu covet to get a feel for jbeam. While I can kind of model vehicles I don't enjoy modelling and learning is a hate filled and boring process. I've taken a liking to Jbeam though.

What I've noticed is that people have a tendancy here to complain about vehicles lagging, and also the more unavoidable scenario that many vehicles lag. So what I want to do is create some simple, FPS friendly but realistic enough, Jbeams so we can have banger races using that AI package someone made with waypoints. Stolen models will be placeholder till some nice community member makes proper ones and I'll happily affix jbeams to fit every banger model I get. Get them all hauling ass around an oval slamming into eachother at a reasonable framerate. The reason they should be extremely FPS friendly enough because I don't have to make any detachable parts. I can certainly make parts bulge up like the hood, and I can make the boot lid open. but they won't come off which saves a lot on the complexity of the jbeam. The hood is bolted onto the car, doors are welded completely and unavoidably shut and I haven't seen the fenders come off a banger racer yet. I can make suspension simply bend out the way. I can also make them simple enough that collision problems should be relatively rare.

But I need the banger models.

10. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

I have a little story. That Dell I was working on about 2 weeks ago finally worked to where it booted into its BIOS. So, I ghetto rigged the parts on my kitchen counter and now I'm installing Puppy Linux on it. Here's the pic.
    DSCN0386.JPG

11. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

FlatOut 2?
    I have Ultimate Carnage (FO2 HD remake), I can export some models for you... If you tell me how to :|

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone here know about laptops? I'm looking to buy one and I really have no idea what is best. Mostly for web browsing and programming simple stuff, I don't need any graphics power and an i3 will be just fine. I'm avoiding the low power U/Y models since they're slow and expensive, but i3-M laptops aren't the most common.

My budget is around £300, I don't want to spend too much on a laptop since I already have my rig at home. So, what should I get?

12. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

@bluescreen

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IPIYZ3W/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_8AqIub0YDAGZD

Should do nicely

Sent from the 3rd galaxy via the talks of tapping

Ugh, skype has the worst mobile app of all time:
    Me: scroll up
    Me:I said scroll up you piece of shit

Fix your shit Skype

#8472 logoster, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  13. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I promise this isn't as bad as it sounds.
    kAhWd2T.png

14. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

15. luchvk

luchvk
    Expand Collapse

What logoster suggested seems good and would have a better battery-life than what I have, but if you want a larger keyboard these may work too. Believe me, the keyboards on a netbook can get cramped sometimes. I suggest reading different reviews on different laptops before determining what you will buy.

http://www.amazon.com/15-6-Inch-Int...TF8&qid=1418267796&sr=1-9&keywords=i3+laptops

http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Noteb...=UTF8&qid=1418269450&sr=8-8&keywords=i3+3110m

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4P02BP7347

I couldn't find a laptop with a 4th gen i3 processor that wasn't a U/Y model and that was below $450-$600 (£361.30-£481.73). :p

16. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

AMD is fine, they are much cheaper and even have better igpu's.
    Although I might just not buy any laptop at all, seeing how the price-specs ratio goes. I'm quite short on money and I don't really need it, although it would certainly be very useful.

17. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I love these guys. They say what needs to be said, do it well.

#8477 Potato, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  18. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

yay graphics coding lol :p

Next step is implementing Box2D and doing some physics tests within the engine

(imported from here)

19. Kinect

Kinect
    Expand Collapse

20. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

Anyone know of a way to make someone's posts never show up ever again for me? I know theres the ignore list but I dont want the post to show up AT ALL, as if they never posted anything

As theres a person on here that if I dont do this with, i WILL end up with a warning (possibly even infraction) from what ill end up saying

Sent from the 3rd galaxy via the talks of tapping

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice