Getting well started on car creation

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Veneno Bobby, Feb 25, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Veneno Bobby

Veneno Bobby
    Expand Collapse

Hello everyone, I would like help on how to start well in car creation for BeamNG. I've seen hundreds of tutorials and stuff, but that didn't help me for a good reason: I don't know where to start. Also I'm a bit confused about modeling the vehicle in Blender for example: How to model the different pieces and make them match (fe: modeling the hood and make it fit well with the car and components) and how many pieces do I need to model (Do I need to model all the pieces, like the official cars?). I'm a bit lost about that. Also for the Jbeaming, it seems pretty complex and I need advice. Do you know where to start well? Can you advice me where to begin and what to do first for less complexity. Thank you.

2. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Copied this from another post

Making a car is no easy task (even if it's just the model). It will definitely take a few months to learn the basics of Blender & know how to properly use it to create what you want. For a good start, you should watch a few videos on how to use the basics of Blender in terms of hardsurface modeling & then try to push yourself & make a knife, a racket, glass etc. just to learn how to manipulate the meshes & stuff. After that, you can try to create a boxy-ish car (but not too boxy) which should improve your skills quicker than just learning from tutorials. As for jbeam, well... it's as hard or even harder than modeling, so depending on how motivated & determined you are, you could also learn it

3. Veneno Bobby

Veneno Bobby
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I know that, but I asked if I would need to model absolutely all the pieces (like the chassis, the brakes, the suspension, the engine, etc) is it imperative?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. arquanin

arquanin
    Expand Collapse

I have the same problem as you and i found some solutions(i believe).I took the suspension,steering, pedals systems from the civetta bolide, and the motor + de transmission from the autobello.
    After that, i made suspension linkage, then i joined them together.I used "cubed" shaped "rails" to make the modelisation easier and i used a lot "inset faces" and "merge vertices" to make the perpendicula rail.Excuse me if it's confused.

Attached Files:

• thestart.png
    • suspensionlinkage.png
    • thechassis.png
    • theresults.png
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Well, if you need your car to be realistic, then yes, you have to, unless some of the components are similiar to the ones from ingame, then you can just replace them with the ingame ones to make your life easier

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice