Expand Collapse
    Banned

good

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00676.jpg
  3. Ghost187

Ghost187
    Expand Collapse

is the skybox not working for you? or have you disabled it? there should be oneo_O

4. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

No issues here however I might suggest jacking the sun strength up to 2.2-2.5 or so. Space in the sun is bright.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. NoxiousFumes

NoxiousFumes
    Expand Collapse

I wanna make a spaceship now... But I can't because I don't know how to model :(

6. NoxiousFumes

NoxiousFumes
    Expand Collapse

Are you gonna make terrain on the earth? Like maybe some random hills and mountains, nothing detailed?

7. Ghost187

Ghost187
    Expand Collapse

sadly, no.
    the "planet" itself has no gravitational center... same goes for the moon.(you would fall of the planet unless you are ontop of it)
    the only way i can think of would be to setup a terrain block ontop. wich doesnt seem to work either since the game freaks out (at least for me) while beeing near the spheres.
    i do not yet know why. it was a terrible journey to make these two screenshots from the surfaces.

8. MxT333

MxT333
    Expand Collapse

hey man my suggestion would be to add a skybox to remove that horizontal black line, change the skybox to the milkyway or just random stars. would give it better effect :)

9. MysteryManGER

MysteryManGER
    Expand Collapse

The game "freaks out" because of the floating point. If objects are too far away from the center (X/Y/Z = 0/0/0), they start to behave strange. You can't solve this problem. BeamNG's engine works fine for about 20000 units around the center point (from X/Y/Z = -20000/-20000/-20000 to X/Y/Z = 20000/20000/20000).

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ghost187

Ghost187
    Expand Collapse

there is a skybox with ramdom stars. do some people experience it not showing up?

11. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

To the moon Alice!!! I had to say it. Nice map...errr world...errr GALAXY! I guess Tennessee USA isn't the biggest map anymore :x

12. Ghost187

Ghost187
    Expand Collapse

13. rli98

rli98
    Expand Collapse

Great map. I like how huge and accurately sized the earth and the moon are. However I feel that the moon and Earth are too close to each other.

If not, Is it possible to extend the distance between the Earth and the moon to 384,402 km (which is the average distance between the earth and the moon)? To put that to perspective that is about 30 earths between the Earth and the moon. Here are some pictures that might help you.

Here is a screenshot of your map.
    earth.png

Here's a picture that shows how far the average distance of the moon and the earth is. (you can fit 30 earths within that space)
    moondistance-01en.png

This is just a suggestion of mine. It's probably not possible due to limitations in the game but I would like you hear your input, Ghost.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Ghost187

Ghost187
    Expand Collapse

if the orig. version crashes your game, try this one (removed the rock props)
    and tell me if it helped.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

BeamNG.Space, it would be just natural.

I wonder if man is in Mars or we have a sim where we have whole Earth and Mars + everything between to explore with vehicles, I'm kinda leaning towards man landing to Mars first.

For me file in repo works just fine, not sure why it does not work for others, but I have 16GB ram and 4GB GPU, maybe big map needs more memory.

Shame about limitations, kinda would be nice to see vehicles burn in atmosphere, but even without that, this map gives lot of fun!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice