1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Good tuning tips?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by snow fox, Dec 2, 2021.

1. snow fox

snow fox
    Expand Collapse

I've never really tuned any vehicle, But want to get into it so I can do stupid stuff more then messing with alignment, Offset, Hight and so fourth. I've been working a lot lately and school along side and My S/O I have not much time to play. But when I do I want to Make stupid tunes to mess around with

• Like Like x 1
  2. byKaLeD

byKaLeD
    Expand Collapse

If you don't have the knowledge or time to learn, probably your best bet is to look for car setup cheat sheets online and keep in mind that any in real life stuff that you see (guides, info, tips, etc) or experience, probably works on BeamNG too.

If you want to mess with alignment make sure that you add the Advanced wheels debug app in the UI since there you can see in real time your actual alignment. Never use the numbers that you see in the tuning window as your actual alignment, just increase or decrease those numbers based on what you see in the advanced wheels debug app. Keep in mind too that everything that the advanced wheels debug app shows, is in degrees (I use the international metric system on BeamNG, maybe if you use the imperial system is different, but I don't think so), in real life and online sometimes they use length (millimeters or inches) for toe so you'll have to convert it (is not that easy to do since you'll need to know some dimensions that BeamNG doesn't show but they can be calculated anyway), but if you're only looking at cheat sheets, they usually just say increase or decrease, so in that case, you're gonna be fine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice