Goodbye Adobe Flash.

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Cool12345, Aug 15, 2019.

?

Do you think discontinuing Flash is a good decision?

1. Yes.

2. No

3. I think both.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Cool12345

Cool12345
    Expand Collapse

Google just announced today, that Adobe will stop supporting Flash after December 2020. (Read more here: https://www.blog.google/products/chrome/saying-goodbye-flash-chrome/ ) What do you think about this?
    I personally think both yes and no for a few reasons. First, yes, because flash is getting used less and less, and more modern programming languages are taking it's place, like HTML5 and CSS3. Second, No, this is because many sites, APIs, and Web apps still depend and use Flash, especially Web Games. But, the final release of the Flash Plug-in would still work after 2020, but just no updates, but why 2020? This may be because currently, Adobe is still working with browser companies to patch up security and privacy patches before discontinuing it. But, for now, let's hope our favorite Web Games will still work. :D

Attached Files:

• NewTab-GoogleChrome8_14_20197_27_39PM.png
  2. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

There are ongoing efforts to ensure that the best flash games will be playable in the future. I'd recommend keeping a copy of the standalone flash player in case you ever want to run .swf files locally like I do.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

There is a high probability of a free 3rd market version of Flash that will come out that will do everything flash currently does.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice