1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

GPU friendly/Simple Maps?/Low end PC Maps!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vwkid, Dec 30, 2018.

1. vwkid

vwkid
    Expand Collapse

Hi all! New to the forum,

I am not sure if this is posted yet or not, however I am asking for some simple maps that would run smooth on lower end pc's similar to gridmap and vr_city. I've been searching through the mods list but have not found much (lots and lots to go through) so if you know of any feel free to post the link!

Background: I am running a basic laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad T420 i7 2.8 ghz 8gb ram BUT has an intel 3000 integrated graphics card). I have done what I can to the computer to make my FPS higher. Currently on LOW settings with anti-analyzing off and shadows off. It runs smooth on gridmap and vr_city. It can do maps like cliff on very low settings but it does stutter. I know this game is a GPU HOG and I know it's not anyone's issue that my laptop is not up to par, but any suggestions to simple maps feel free to drop them! Thanks !

2. jojos38

jojos38
    Expand Collapse

I tried to overclock an HD 3000 once, I was able to run gta 4 at 25fps, maybe you should considere it (but very carefully !!)

• Like Like x 1
  3. vwkid

vwkid
    Expand Collapse

Interesting! Yeah you would have to be careful these things don't cool very well on a good day! I did some research but didn't find anything on how to O-C the intel 3000. How did you go about doing this? IF this thing had a decent GPU I don't think it would have a problem running it on medium graphics at 30fps. Basic maps like I said run fairly well. Thanks for the reply!

4. jojos38

jojos38
    Expand Collapse

I used MSI afterburner, I just put the slider to the right until I reach around 75° in-game (more than that is not good). There is a lot of videos on how to overclock graphics cards

5. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

75c is nothing tbh, well depends on the laptop i guess, if 75c burns your lap then it's an issue, if it doesn't then you can go higher. Higher temps allow the heatsink to be hotter, which means technically higher heat output (air coming out of vents gets hotter). 90c is cause for concern, above 85 i think is too much.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice