1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

GPU stops responding, even though it doesnt really

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Jacob Hoppe, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Jacob Hoppe

Jacob Hoppe
    Expand Collapse

Whenever im playing beamng.drive, sometimes i see GPU not responding error, but when i look in taskbar, my display driver never stopped responding.

2. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

Can you include which GPU you're using?

3. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

Overclocked?

4. Jacob Hoppe

Jacob Hoppe
    Expand Collapse

AMD Radeon 7770 ghz edition
    Nope.

5. Armee017

Armee017
    Expand Collapse

When I was playing a scenario that I downloaded it just froze up and my screen just went black and an error message popped up and said gpu was not responding.
    Graphics card: xfx radeon r7 360 overclocked but not that much. It was the first time this happened.

6. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Press Clear Cache.
    A broken cache could do that.

7. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I think that it was several crashes to desktop that cause this to me, restarting computer fixed it for me. It only happened with certain car and map. Reason of crashing to desktop was attempts of getting lots of cars on screen and then later trying to spawn model with over 10 000 beams in it, something from that caused something to be a left over someplace I guess, because restarting computer cleared it up.

So if clearing cache does not help, then restarting computer might help, oldest fix to almost everything :)

I got error code #887a0005, sometimes it happens when opening map. Sunburst with DCT transmission default car, might do less with some other default car as I think someplace I read DCT transmission might cause some issues when loading map.

upload_2017-2-28_1-35-5.png

Changed default vehicle to D15 and Small island default spawn is no longer giving that error.

I got also once balloon that did say display driver stopped responding.

720p windowed mode, high gfx settings if that matters at all.

I changed default vehicle back to Sunburst, but could not load config in garage, list is empty, so changed only DCT transmission and set again to default, map loading continues to work, but as garage is quite horribly to work with I did not changed all the parts same as config which with got the error.

So another thing to try is to change default car.

#7 fufsgfen, Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice