Groundcover help needed for painting

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Inertia, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

Hi, I am in the process of creating a new map, somewhere in the early stages I have somehow "delinked" the groundcover and the grass material, so I haven't been able to paint groundcover with the material. I have tried a few ways to fix it but none seem to work, for example in http://www.beamng.com/threads/problem-editor-grass-cover.4791/ I have managed to get some groundcover appearing but it appears all over the place and doesn't seem properly linked. Sorry for appearing as an idiot but to be quite honest I am and I could really use some help. Here are some photos of the map as it stands currently, as well as one of the groundcover options.

screenshot_00007.png screenshot_00008.png screenshot_00009.png grassgroundcover.PNG

2. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

Anyone have any ideas? I really need this to work :/

3. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Have you made sure all sub sections (types), of your groundcover texture are in the right terrain material layer?
    If you are only using a single plant in the main slot try adding it to type 1 as well.

#3 Aboroath, Aug 5, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  4. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

Well I feel a bit stupid, I screenshotted the groundcover settings from gridmap and copied them, while copying them into my settings i noticed the maxElements option, so increasing that from 1000 to 300000 sure does fix it :p
    Thanks for your help though, I'm glad its working as I want now :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice