Had to buy a wheel

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by fufsgfen, Jul 20, 2018.

1. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

For more than two days I have been trying to get video recording done, with gamepad it is barely possible as it is bit too sudden/harsh on movements.

So each time I did manage to make it, this invisible car replay bug kicked in.

Finally was so frustrated that I decided to get a wheel, after all how I'm going to make vehicles if I have no idea how people with wheels will experience them.

So I had G25 which let smoke out long time ago, it was loud, I did not like metal parts of it as they kept hurting my fingers and I did not really see what good that leather in wheel was for.

So for 200€ they were selling T150 Pro and now I'm afraid that saving 50 or so is going to bite me, but at least they claim that wheel should be bit quieter.

T300 would of been nice, so would be 1080Ti, it is far more difficult to game in budget class :p

2. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Thrustmaster is going to be quieter than logitech, but then logitech might be more durable

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I did read about power supplies failing on Thrustmasters, but don't know if there is more fail possibilities.

G25 and I guess other Logi wheels have such feature that after some time of use, if you store them too long, next time you connected them, they will short circuit, that is what killed mine. Something to do with grease used and how it behaves, there was a page where some engineer type explained it all and gave instructions to fix, but it did require sourcing some microchips and replacing those as they get fried in the event.

4. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

G27 might be physically more durable, I'm using mine since like 3 or 4 years every day while beating on it hard and it works quite well
    only had to add some additional protection for the plastic in the shifter so it won't get banged up as bad by my shifting, as well as I recently mounted an old Renault shift knob on it as the factory one fell apart and I wasn't able to find replacements.

5. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Failed power supplies can be replaced

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

Off topic i know, but how are you recording a video with a wheel? Headset microphone? I have one on my desk but no matter where i put it, it always picks up the wheel over my voice. (even on my lap!) i need a stand for it tbh

7. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Maybe you need to consider directional microphone?

8. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

true, I did have a microphone that was pretty directional, but then again it was a poundland special, and i wedged it into my tie to make it like a lapel mic, boi were those the days :p

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice