Handling on my Group B mod

Discussion in 'Automation' started by PlayKoyote24, May 15, 2019.

1. PlayKoyote24

PlayKoyote24
    Expand Collapse

So i have currently the problem just how difficult driving my Automation-Group-B-Thing is or more precisely how hard it is to keep it on the road/track/course.
    And for some reason I can’t figure out why it is so extremely difficult

https://www.beamng.com/resources/1985-malpensa-rei-bb-group-b.8489/

I got relatively good at making road/track cars but with rallying i need a bit of help.
    Or were the Group B cars so hard to drive?

2. Gruban

Gruban
    Expand Collapse

Rally cars are really hard to get right. I managed to do it a couple of times but most of my attempts fail. You can make the best car in the world and it just won't perform well on gravel. Tyres are the main problem. I had to manually change grip levels because default automation tyres just arent good enough.

Some tips for your car: try a model with shorter wheelbase, because this one is very hard to turn. Suspension is soft in front so it dips when you brake hard.

3. PlayKoyote24

PlayKoyote24
    Expand Collapse

But if i make Front suspension stiffer, i have the issue that it "jumps" which is kinda bad.

4. Gruban

Gruban
    Expand Collapse

I use almost the same setup as track cars. Just increase ride height and slightly softer suspension. This is for a 105hp 560kg car so you might not get the same results.
    Screenshot453.png

5. PlayKoyote24

PlayKoyote24
    Expand Collapse

Yes i had the same idea but maybe not that well optimised

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice