1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone tested some old mods lately?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TeenWolf896, Oct 9, 2016.

1. TeenWolf896

TeenWolf896
    Expand Collapse

So today I went to go play around with some old mods, such as a Mitsubishi and a Lancia, and I'm surprised what some of them did. Obviously they're old, I was expecting the game to crash or the car to be un-driveable, but instead, something funny actually happened. Two out of five of the old mods I tested out seemed to have a jet pack feature replacing the acceleration; which basically meant that these cars we're incredibly fast and impossible to keep straight. I wasn't expecting this to happen at all, and it's pretty funny to literally fly these cars through the air while barely touching the accelerator. I'm not asking for a fix to this or anything, but rather some of the community to see what you can do with this weird glitch.
    -Yes I do know there is already some other mods out there that actually strive to put jet packs on they're cars, I'm just wondering if anyone else has the same result-
    Here's a link to the mods in case you want to see what I meant by "jet pack". Kudos to the creators of them to have good quality cars in the first place, only to have updates mess with them later on :p. The two cars that have this feature are the Subaru and the Mitsubishi.

http://www.beamng.com/threads/racing-pack-5-cars-2-maps.7868/

2. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

Ah yes i remember these. Good mods. The jetpack you are referring to is a thruster. It's activated on a certain key (varies between mods) and you can find this in a few modern mods too. @daniel398767's sbr4 mod and sunburst mod has this feature (To be fair atleast the sbr4 mod by him was a collab between him and @Sh3lbYe). When you use one of his bodies the mod added for the respective cars you can press a certain key to speed up rapidly. Also the bruckel caldera mod has a literal jet engine that does the same thing.

Also the thruster doesn't replace the accelerator, it just speed the car forward no matter what.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice