1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Haven't seen a bug fix update in a LONG time.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Unster, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Unster

Unster
    Expand Collapse

I know the devs are working on big stuff, like the Italy map & career mode, and now I guess on compatibility with Automation, but any chance we could get a hotfix for the known existing bugs that were introduced in the 0.12 version? I'm talking specifically about the broken automatics (non-functioning Park gear, torque issues when shifting from low to drive) and the very quiet engine sound on the big block Barstow.

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

In case you missed:
    https://www.beamng.com/threads/0-12-0-4-discussion-feedback-bugs-reporting-thread-read-1-post.53437/

There are listed all the stuff that have been fixed in the hotfixes (the latest was on April 20th, if we don't count the one we pushed some weeks ago just to fix a launcher issue),, and stuff that will come directly in the next update.
    The P-brake issue is in the latter, as you can see. The next update, as usually, will include a batch of bug fixes of all kind.

The Barstow sound issue is new to me, nor seen reported from others. Mods?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Unster

Unster
    Expand Collapse

I guess a "long time" is relative. After 12.0 came out, there were weekly bug fixes. In the last update, the P gear got broken, then no more updates after that. It's been over 2 months now.

The Barstow sound issue was also reported by someone else. I can only confirm it. I don't have any Barstow mods. Anyway, this got broken with the 12.0.3 update I believe, as did the P gear.

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

There is a little period of time after an update for which we do hotfixes (usually 1 week). After this period, we are back at breaking down the game in order to work on it (hotfix = no breaking the game), meaning that any more fixes will come directly in the next update.
    The next update is already announced to come the 13th July, which will include, as written in the feedback thread, the P-gear fix, as well many other fixes as usual. So just a matter of some days.
    Hope it's a bit clearer how hotfix goes more or less.

Do you got a video about the sound issue?

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. _Tanco

_Tanco
    Expand Collapse

i can't ma
    i can't make video (or i don't know how lol) but i got too this issue with the big block barstow, the sound of the road and other things are really louder than the engine itself

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Unster

Unster
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Nadeox1. I get all that (I'm a software engineer myself). I just didn't like that the 0.12.0.3 fix broke some things, and then that was the last hotfix (it was almost worse than no fix at all). Good to hear that update with bug fixes is coming in 2 weeks.

I don't have a video of the sound issue either, but it should be easy to check for anyone. Select one of the big block Barstows (either the sport version or regular), and compare the sound to the medium and small block versions. It's much quieter. I'm hoping this gets fixed in the upcoming update as well.

7. Unster

Unster
    Expand Collapse

Just read through the change list for 0.13. Haven't had a chance to play the game yet (still at work!). I don't see anything about the quiet Barstow big block engine. Is this still not fixed?

Update:
    Just tested the game and the engine sounds now seem to be of equal volume, though they all seem quieter, at least at idle. I think the Barstow & Moonhawk should have louder idle sounds.

#7 Unster, Jul 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice