Heat Online, a dead racing MMO

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Mamoru Akai, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Mamoru Akai

Mamoru Akai
    Expand Collapse

Have you heard of Heat Online? It was the last version of games like Project Torque (USA), Level-R (EU and JP), Level-X (Thailand), R-evolution (Taiwan), Superrace (China), Fast Black (Indonesia) and Speed Online (Russia). Heat Online was basically the immediate replacement to Project Torque until it expanded worldwide and killed all of these versions. It was developed by Invictus Games, who were known for SLRR. It was shut down on May 1, 2014. I used to play it when I was 11 from September 2013 to April 30, 2014. Here is some game footage and screenshots:

http://www.gamershell.com/screenpop.php?id=494374

2. Kentucky Fried Chicken

Kentucky Fried Chicken
    Expand Collapse

I used to play it way back in it's hayday. Arcadeish physics, but fun as hell. I didn't even know Invictus made it.

3. Mamoru Akai

Mamoru Akai
    Expand Collapse

There was a Simulation physics VS mode.

4. numbazZ

numbazZ
    Expand Collapse

There is a group of people trying to bring back the game (Project Torque, Heat Online). If someone here was a fan of this game join to Discord, many old players and devs there. Link https://projecttorque.racing/

#4 numbazZ, May 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  5. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I remember playing Project Torque, it was surprisingly good fun to drive, not the most realistic physics, but not bad in annoying way either.

6. Mamoru Akai

Mamoru Akai
    Expand Collapse

I have already joined that Discord server, thank you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice