Unsolved Heightmap gives error when trying to import

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Kothnaaken, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Kothnaaken

Kothnaaken
    Expand Collapse

I'm trying to make a terrain, but my heightmap will not import giving me an error saying "terrain import failed, check console for error message." In the console it says cm_terrainblock_import|Heightmap failed to load. Is it something I'm trying to do wrong or is something up with my heightmap?

Attached Files:

• Heightmap.png
  2. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    Game Design, QA and burnouts.
    BeamNG Team

Make sure that the file is in your level's folder when you import it. Also it must be sized at 256x256, 512x512 or 1024x1024 etc. Always check the console for more details on errors :)

#2 HighDef, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  3. HardRooster

HardRooster
    Expand Collapse

I was about to create my own thread, but luckily I searched and found this one. I was having the exact same issue and the problem was the size. I was following along a tutorial video here;

The second video: https://www.beamng.com/threads/beam...-a-new-standalone-map-using-heightmaps.28087/

At 3:35 you'll see he sets the size to 2040 instead of 2048. I resized the image in paint.net to 2048x2048 and it fixed it.

4. Owerz

Owerz
    Expand Collapse

I'm getting the same error, is it the size as well? I have it in my map folder and everything. Heightmap02.png

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice