Help adding minimap to custom map

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by bob.blunderton, Feb 23, 2017.

1. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Okay, so I've noticed how helpful the minimap is during the campaign in Utah getting about. Many folks could easily say how oversized and confusing (and how easy to get lost in playing) my maps are.

SO I will go about making a minimap for my 3 maps that I have available to insert in the next versions.
    How can I trigger this via script, as I see in utah there's some things:

utah_minimap.png
    a section of code from campaign_info.json that I wish to invoke during freeroam.
    Code:
        "subsections": {
            "subsection_general": {
                "parent" : "ram",
                "minimap" : {
                    "image" : "/levels/Utah/utah_minimap.png",
                    "worldCoord" : {"x" : -1000, "y": -1000, "w": 2000, "h": 2000}
                },
                "locations": ["mixed", "crawl", "delivery", "roll", "canyon"],
                "triggers": ["chapter_2_triggers"]
            }
        }

How would I go about doing this? Any help would be appreciated. I only have references to the utah_minimap as they are, I will change them accordingly later to prevent conflict. How can I get the game to read these references automatically in free roam (or is that not possible) ? I will be first affecting this change in Roane County Tennessee because it's the largest, and I am also going to go about adding missions to this map too, hopefully for the next update (but this IS very difficult in and of itself). I could honestly make at-least a good dozen missions here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice