Help JBeaming a Radiator for Sunburst

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by wrinkle345, Apr 10, 2016.

1. wrinkle345

wrinkle345
    Expand Collapse

So I'm trying to make a new radiator for the Sunburst that should help with offroad driving, and I'm so close to being done, but I lack all knowledge in JBeam, so I need a lot of help.

You see, I'm making a one of those "Trunk-Mounted" radiators that a lot of rally/rallycross cars have. So far I have the mesh I edited, as well as a modified trunk mesh, and I have a basic jbeam for the radiator which I based on the original sunburst_radiator jbeam, but I need help making the radiator "work".

When the sunburst crashes in a front-end collision, the radiator still breaks and steam still gushes out of the hood, even though the radiator is in the trunk.

I know that it's probably just a simple matter of moving the radiator nodes/beams, but, where are those node(s)/beam(s) located (physically and file-wise) and what are they named?

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

sunburst_body.jbeam @line 210.

This is what should define the radiator (It uses the body nodes)

3. wrinkle345

wrinkle345
    Expand Collapse

But if it uses the body nodes, then would it even be possible to make it toggleable? I was hoping that my radiator could just be a part...

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

If you want to use a different radiator position, then I'm afraid you can't do that without modifying the body.jbeam.

• Like Like x 1
  5. wrinkle345

wrinkle345
    Expand Collapse

Coming back to this, I made I also made a jbeam structure for this new radiator position to help with deformations, but it keeps "melting" no matter where I beam each node to or how many beams I make to support it. Any advice?

6. wrinkle345

wrinkle345
    Expand Collapse

I mean 80% of the nodes collapse and then fall through the body.

I tried the cube thing, but it kind of glitched out the body (it was shaking)
    Then I tried a type of triangular prism, but that melted too
    Then I am where I am now, with a square plane, which melts

7. wrinkle345

wrinkle345
    Expand Collapse

It acts like it has no beams.
    It falls through the trunk screenshot_00018.png

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice