Help me find a Racing Wheel!

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Barretted, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Barretted

Barretted
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys, I've been looking around the web for some racing wheel's but my knowledge of good and bad companies/products really isn't there. I would really like to purchase myself a Racing Wheel that works with PC and PS3 preferrably, so if anyone could find a good new/used wheel that'd be awesome.

My budget is around £80-£120

Go nuts.

2. AMG V12

AMG V12
    Expand Collapse

There's normally a ton on eBay like this. Usually go for around £50-70. I have one and can thoroughly recommend one :)
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Logitech-...K_Controllers_Attachments&hash=item3a94c0a269

3. Barretted

Barretted
    Expand Collapse

Turns out my budget might rise to about £80-£180

I looked at the Driving Force GT but I don't like the plasticy pedals and really short sequential shifter.

I've been looking at the Logitech G25/G27

Any good?

4. 42undead2

42undead2
    Expand Collapse

I have one.
    Definitely yes.

5. Barretted

Barretted
    Expand Collapse

Guessing I should try and get a G27 over a G25?

6. pickle330

pickle330
    Expand Collapse

If you want a wheel that's actually good, the best choice by far is a G25/G27. It's universal, good quality. I don't have one, but my friend does (I've used it) , and I really want one, hoping to get one soon. These wheels are very, very fun, and I wouldn't get anything else. Only downside to the G25 vs the G27 is that the G25 is much noisier when turning with force feedback (from what I've heard), and it clicks when you shift gears. The G27 has dual motors, is very quiet, but doesn't have the sequential shifting mode like the G25 (which is probably why it doesn't click when shifting) Oh, and they turn 900 degrees unlike most cheaper wheels.

Get one of them, they are definitely worth the price! :) Get a cheaper wheel and you will probably regret your decision.

EDIT:
    I would get a G27.

7. Barretted

Barretted
    Expand Collapse

8. pickle330

pickle330
    Expand Collapse

Yes, that's the standard price for a new G27. $300 CAD is how much they cost around here new. (177 pounds) If you can find one on sale etc. that would be better, however I have no idea where you'd find one cheaper in the UK but that's a decent price, definitely not overpriced.

(it's $225/133 pounds on amazon.com, but shipping and transaction stuff probably won't be affordable... Seems you can't use free shipping to the UK, and amazon.co.uk has very overpriced G27's.)

Here's the amazon.com link anyway: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-941-...8&qid=1406747426&sr=8-1&keywords=logitech+G27

9. Barretted

Barretted
    Expand Collapse

Good thing I have Amazone Prime :D

(imported from here)

10. sketchy_b

sketchy_b
    Expand Collapse

You've made a good choice, I bought one last week and it's hands down the best wheel I've ever used! Enjoy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice