Solved Help needed with files

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by sky-man-dan, May 10, 2020.

1. sky-man-dan

sky-man-dan
    Expand Collapse

Hello everyone.

So I am trying to create a mod for the dryvan trailer, but I need to adjust all the node weights and beam values, no problem with any of that.

The problem is when I put the mod into the mod folder it replaces the trailer base so all the node and beam values also change for the original dryvan trailer.

I need it to be separate, so it is in the dryvan selection, but on it's own.

I have been working on this for many hours, but just cant understand what is going on.

I copied the dryvan.jbeam from the main game folder to use for my mod, I then changed the name in the dryvan.jbeam folder from "dryvan_base" to "my_mod name_dryvan.

My mod showes up in dryvan vehicle section and works but when I spawn the original dryvan trailer it is using my adjusted node and beam values also. :confused:

If I put the mod in as a stand alone vehicle, it is then separate from the dryvan and the original dryvan is fine, but then my mod wont show any skins or parts. Unless i copy the whole dryvan folder, and put it with my mod.

I hope this makes sense.

Thank you anyone who takes the time to read this, I would really appreciate any help.

2. i.want.to.mod

i.want.to.mod
    Expand Collapse

what you may need to do is change the info.json name. if you have done that, you need to change the flexbody names.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. sky-man-dan

sky-man-dan
    Expand Collapse

Thank you, it was sort of that. I had to edit the file names in blender too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice