Help using blender

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Antonov225, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Antonov225

Antonov225
    Expand Collapse

I have wanted to some skin modding, so I recently downloaded blender. However, as soon as I try to open it just crashes. I have checked the crash file, all it says is "# Blender 2.69 (sub 0), Revision: 60995" Does anyone know how to fix this?

2. RCmaster

RCmaster
    Expand Collapse

Try uninstalling it then re installing. if that doesn't work. make sure all of you hardware is up to date. What are your specs?

3. Antonov225

Antonov225
    Expand Collapse

I just had my hard drive wiped, so had to reinstall all of the drivers. I think it might be something with openGL.
    Specs:
    Asus G73JH (I think, closest I could find. Mine seems to be a bit better in things like ram, but the processor and other stuff is the same I think.)
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Edition
    Intel Core i7 i7-720QM / 1.6 GHz Quad-Core
    Mobile Intel HM55 Express
    12 GB RAM
    120GB Solid State (Came with a 1 TB HDD, but it crashed. Still waiting to it get RMAed back.)
    Not a computer person, so tell me if there's anything else you need.

4. WrongBrothers

WrongBrothers
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure if you're just messing up with your terminology, but Blender is for mesh modding. Gimp or Photoshop are for skin modding.

5. RCmaster

RCmaster
    Expand Collapse

Only 1.6GHZ for an i7? My Core Duo has 1.66. That may be why, but I don't think so. It might be an OpenGL like you said.

6. Antonov225

Antonov225
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, messed up. Already have paint.NET for skins.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice