Solved Help with body mesh placement

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Deleted member 160369, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Major premise: this is probably a very, VERY simple problem with a very obvious solution - I am a beginner with both Blender and JBeam so I could really use some guidance. Bear with me! :(

I'm trying to add an alternate shell for this vehicle, originally a RoR truck converted for BeamNG.drive.

I adapted a replacement body mesh designed to sit on the same chassis and imported it in Blender. I literally slapped it on top of the existing structure, together with the current body shell:

Now, this is how the new shell spawns in game...

... and it doesn't seem to be correctly attached to the chassis either (despite the grouping defined in the flexbodies section of the body file). The shell movements seem to be... mirrored: if I turn the vehicle to one side, the shell seems to lean to the opposite side:

I feel I must be missing something blatantly obvious yet very important, but I don't know what it is.

Thanks in advance.

2. Iro

Iro
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

press c+a
    you should get this
    Screenshot (237).png
    click on rotation and scale
    in the bottom left check all 3 boxes
    Screenshot (238).png Screenshot (239).png
    then export

• Like Like x 1
  3. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

... and now I feel VERY stupid.

It was much simpler than I thought, I could have well figured it out... :rolleyes:

Thanks a heap bunch! :)

Attached Files:

• yay.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice