1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Help with controls

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vsopowered, Jun 9, 2018.

1. vsopowered

vsopowered
    Expand Collapse

Hello everyone,

Just bought the game and I just cannot for the life of me get the controls setup.I would like to play just like I do on any other driving game, Dirt Rally, Euro Truck Sim etc....

I have a Microsoft Sidewinder FFB wheel (20 years old or so), And for a shifter I use a logitech joystick. If the car has paddle shifter i will use the Sidewinder paddles. Both are mapped and ready for either type. Anyways

After what seemed like a straightforward albeit slow process of creating controls, everything is screwy. Pedals dont work at all......Joystick cant be differentiated between forwards and backwards (for up and down shifts). Its horrible and i cant play!!!!!!!!!

Is there some type of input wizard?

Also, there is severe lag within the control menu, 1 or 2 seconds, not the biggest deal but annoying.

Thanks for your help dudes.

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Have you tried to follow this?
    https://wiki.beamng.com/Steering_wheel_setup

You also need to make super sure your wheel is being recognized correctly by the game (Options > Controls > Hardware menu)
    You say pedals do not work: Are your pedals combined (appear as one axis) or separate (one axis for each pedal)? The game has 3 different bindings for those, for each case, make sure to use the correct one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice