Unsolved Help with hydraulic handbrake effect

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Deleted member 467179, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Deleted member 467179

Deleted member 467179
    Expand Collapse

New to the forums and modding Beam, but spent a bit of time looking for hydraulic handbrake mods or even parking brake mods and had no luck. Ive been messing with editing jbeam files and got it to work on some cars but not all, specifically the ones I wanted. Im trying to get a hydraulic handbrake effect - as in full lock of the rear when I hit the parking brake.

The closest Ive gotten was editing "parkingTorque" under the "pressureWheels" section of a brake.jbeam file. Ive gotten the effect I want to work on several cars when I swap to race brakes and make that edit, but something like the D15 Prerunner I cannot get this simple parkingTorque edit to work. I understand the size and type of brakes as well as vehicle weight all need to be taken into effect (as expected for beam mechanics), but still im not to sure where to go from here to get it to work - or how\where to modify the actual brake pads\rotors, or whatever beam uses to create the brakes.

Just wondering if anyone has any info that can help me out or maybe help point me in the right direction to modding brakes - as im still learning the file types and location\naming of parts or parameters within those files.

Thanks

#1 Deleted member 467179, Jan 19, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2022
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice