Help with textures

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Kevin15673, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Kevin15673

Kevin15673
    Expand Collapse

I'm trying to make a mod that adds a comically long bed to the D-series for the extra long frame added by AR162B's D-series adoon, and the textures on the bed aren't working because I have no clue what I'm doing, the material in blender that the bed is set to is pickup.001

upload_2020-10-25_18-47-34.png
    upload_2020-10-25_18-48-9.png

2. BrynCoops

BrynCoops
    Expand Collapse

AFAIK it should just be 'pickup', without the .001

Export it again with the material 'pickup' and that should sort the completely missing texture but the UV's might look a little wonky if you haven't adjusted them to accommodate the longer bed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kevin15673

Kevin15673
    Expand Collapse

Yeah that worked, I didn't know what I was doing as I've already said so I was just taking shots in the dark, the game files in blender were showing they were using pickup.001 so that's what I tried, but before that it was using pickup.006 for whatever reason, and it looks fine as long as long as you keep it to stripes

4. BrynCoops

BrynCoops
    Expand Collapse

The more objects you import into Blender that use the same material names, the higher the number after that name will be as two materials can't share the same name.
    Instead of having two 'pickup' materials, one gets renamed 'pickup.001' to differentiate it from the other, the next will be renamed 'pickup.002' and so on.
    This can cause issues further down the line so keeping an eye on your materials when importing (and exporting) things is a good idea.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice