HELP

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by TYLERTJ, Oct 19, 2014.

1. TYLERTJ

TYLERTJ
    Expand Collapse

I am making a map for BeamNG and I have some questions that would make it more accurate and take sooo much less time. At this point, all the roads I have made behave like grass. To fix this I put a concrete texture as best I can under the asphalt roads. As you can see, Its not perfect: 1c77a151b9.jpg So I went to one of the official maps and removed one of the asphalt roads. It is completely dirt and it behaves like asphalt. 2a601d152c.jpg I wonder how LJFHutch does it, I really could benefit from it.

Second, is there a way i can duplicate a road to do this thing without having to do the whole road again?

Thanks for looking, support would be very much appreciated. I wanna release my map.;) Sorry if these answers were somewhere else, I tried my best to search

Attached Files:

• 5a91fc4d0b.jpg
    #1 TYLERTJ, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  2. Miura

Miura
    Expand Collapse

Re: Several world editor questions

The ground model properties like grip, particles and sounds come from the ground layer name. So you should paint a layer called "Asphalt" under the road, but it doesn't have to look like asphalt.

You can make a copy of a road if you open the .mis file in a text editor, find the road piece and copy it. Not sure if it can be done in the editor. Change renderPriority for one of the roads, so it knows which one is on top.

3. TYLERTJ

TYLERTJ
    Expand Collapse

Re: Several world editor questions

Wow, that helps a lot. Thank you so much:)

This Tak has been Topped. Wait that's not right...

4. TYLERTJ

TYLERTJ
    Expand Collapse

I NEED HELP!!

Wat? I just loaded my map and this? 977af87cf0.png Please help

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice