1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Hey guys need a little help (fps problem)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RageShade1, Sep 20, 2013.

1. RageShade1

RageShade1
    Expand Collapse

ok just want to start off by saying this game is epic and the devs did an AWESOME job ive never been so impressed

now to my issue I recently purchased an asus k55n laptop (specs) amd a8 4500m APU 1.9ghz 2.8-turbo core. 8gb ddr3 1600mhz RAM and ati radeon 7640g GPU overclocked to 1300mhz
    now I know its not great but it plays every game on the market on at least medium skyrim on high railworks train simulator 2013 on tweaked med-high batman arkam city tweaked high so its not bad even runs metro last light on medium.

but in BeamNg I get 17-19fps dosnt matter what map or what car I have the res and graphics settings crushed as low as they will go if I remove the forest and grass makes no difference and my cpu usage on all 4 cores is only %30-50. have an amd a10 5800k that plays it fine with the 7660d gpu so im stumped any help would be appreciated. :)

also would like to note that if I go into slow motion fps increases to about 50 I can crash spawn cars and it will stay above 40fps so slowed down its butter smooth realtime is 19fps lol.

#1 RageShade1, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Disable post processing effects. Makes a huge difference, goes from totally unplayable to actually playing very smoothly (haven't taken an actual FPS recording but I would estimate over 30) on the lower settings on my laptop.

3. 0xsergy

0xsergy
    Expand Collapse

Unfortunately your CPU is the limitation here. BeamNG currently simulates each car on one thread so your 1.8ghz baseclock doesn't allow for very good framerate with that.

4. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

My laptop is only 1.8ghz dual core. Runs beamNG. He also points out that the CPU isn't even being 50% utilised

5. 0xsergy

0xsergy
    Expand Collapse

It's likely only using two threads though because as I said BNG only uses 1 core per car and one core for T3D. He also said his game does run, just his fps isn't very good.

6. RageShade1

RageShade1
    Expand Collapse

I disabled everything still 19fps weird thing is is that my cpu usage never goes above %50 on any core. also my fps goes up to 50 if I use slow motion lol why is that

- - - Updated - - -

is there any way to get the game to use all 4 cores for 1 car its very annoying that my cpu usage is only %40-50 sometimes %30 but they all have even loads. seems like its using all 4 cores just not very well. also when I use slow motion fps goes from 19 to 50-60 lol. do u think they will update the game to use more than 1 thread per car.

7. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

When you press J to pause physics does your FPS shoot up or stay the same?

8. RageShade1

RageShade1
    Expand Collapse

fps goes from 19 to 140 lol

9. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Yup. The problem is your CPU severely bottlenecking the GPU. Just save some money and build yourself a decent desktop.

10. RageShade1

RageShade1
    Expand Collapse

haha yep lol I have an amd a10 5800k system that runs the game fine but im selling it before I go to college and was hoping this a8 would have enough power to handle it lol. oh well ill just strip the cars or somthin lol. but this a8 runs every other game on the market (besides crisis 3) on at least medium lol.

11. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Why not sell that laptop, keep the desktop, and get something a bit older and cheaper but still good? (Dell Latitude D630 for instance. I had one. Loved it. (Don't get one with the Nvidia GPU. You will massively regret it. Trust me.))

12. Mihle Gaming

Mihle Gaming
    Expand Collapse

it is getting worse quality if you that....

13. RageShade1

RageShade1
    Expand Collapse

yeah lol I honestly love this laptop it plays every game I want even crysis 3 lol but struggles with just this one game. but hey since I bought the alpha when I get done with college ill build my self an i5 or i7 system to enjoy this immensely awesome game. and maybe by the time the full game comes out it will run even better lol in the mean time ill deal with the low frame rate I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

hahaha thanks for the suggestion but I already have it on 800x600 lol

14. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Anyone with an IQ above 75 knows that. Anyone with lower high school maths abilities should be able to work out why that is....

As for quality. False, it is degraded. Your just not OCD enough about visual appearances to notice. Again, anyone with an IQ over 75 should work out why it is degraded.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice