WIP Beta released Hirochi Start 3.2

The cheapest Hirochi in the world is here!

1. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

JorgePinto updated Hirochi Start with a new update entry:

Hirochi Start 1.3

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jurrunio

Jurrunio
    Expand Collapse

1. The gearing is somewhat long and too small (doesn't magnify engine torque enough) for the 1.2 engine. Increasing the differential value should do.
    2. From my game, the 1.2 engine has 50bhp, 64N/m torque.
    3. ABS is there on both configs
    4. I dont think such detuned (and weakened, to save cost on building the engine) engine can reach 6k rpm. Maybe 5k or 4.5k?

#42 Jurrunio, Sep 1, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  3. Marcus_gt500

Marcus_gt500
    Expand Collapse

You could add a Brazilian version engine. The norm on this type of car is a 4 cilinder 999cc engine, single overhead cam, with very low torque and very high revs, a bit like the covet.

4. Günther

Günther
    Expand Collapse

You are very welcome! :)
    Also thanks for implementing my suggestions/ideas. :))
    --- Post updated ---
    Indeed the 1.2L one was more like a 500cc motorcycle engine, redone with realistic values 75hp/118nm torque.
    About rpm, it isn't that these are weak engines, but outdated late 90-s designed engines, without all the emissions control and technology used (vvt, etc..),
    thus cheaper to produce.
    Maybe later on the 1.2L could be a 3-cylinder (don't know how to edit the meshes), to make it absolutely horrible and even cheaper... :)
    Also rebalanced the values making the 1.2L the cheapest version.
    I hope the author doesn't mind..

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

Oh, of course not, you're helping me a lot with this mod, I say the same, glad you don't mind me adding them to the official release, again, modifying the technical specs is my weak point and this is priceless to me :) I'll check out your new version, the 1.2 was left untouched and I knew it was lacking realism, so now it's going to make a lot of a difference!
    --- Post updated ---
    OK, I went for the cheap route, but I hope it's fine (realistic).

I simply modified the stock engine by removing one cylinder, and stretching the tubes and hoses as necessary.

screenshot_00116.png
    --- Post updated ---
    Improved the gauges even more! Deleted the MPH units (this car isn't supposed to be sold on countries using MPH) and fixed some problems and leftovers of the original ones.

screenshot_00117.png

With all this, and the latest fixes by Günther...1.4 is now done :)

• Like Like x 5
  6. DankMemeBunny

DankMemeBunny
    Expand Collapse

Are you planning on another vehicle?

7. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

It's all about details. This will be added...well deleted in 1.4 too:

screenshot_00118.png

Headrests? Too luxurious!

Not really sure ATM, I would love to try certain things but my knowledge is still way too limited...one of the things I had in mind was making a Jurassic Park Roamer, not only the skin, but the movie prop equivalent itself, with the glass roof, the custom interior...I actually managed to modify those bits a little, but I still need to keep using the programs to know my way arround my current problems.

Also, I have my park map project going on, so after this I'll probably invest most of the time on that...

#47 JorgePinto, Sep 1, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Aleferna_dls

Aleferna_dls
    Expand Collapse

I love your mod Jorge, I have a few ideas: What About Deleting Gauges numbers since 180? I mean, going from zero to 180, because it supposed that the Start won't go faster, and just deleting the numbers above, letting an empty space, give an even more basic appaerance.
    Another Idea is adding a really small petrol or diesel engine (999cc for example) with an interesting torque at low rpm, but not able to go more than 160 km/h. The fuel consumption could be low too.
    In the interior, you could also (Tapar) air conditioner (rejillas) to give a more basic style, like happened in 90's
    You could also add front (reposacabezas) with a hole in the middle.
    I hope you like my ideas
    Cheers ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

Nice ones :) I already thought about like a million ideas after thinking about/seeing many cheap cars, including the base model Tata Nano, which doesn't even have air vents, but I think maybe that's going a bit over the top, after all, you are buying a reeeeally cheap Hirochi Sunburst, and making those kind of cuts...a bit excessive, but definitely like how it could look after making it that cheap, a tragedy of a car ;)

I think one way of expanding the mod could be engines indeed. If Günther likes the diesel engine idea, I welcome him to give it a shot :)

Apart from that...I'll try to think on new things for it, but eventually I'll run out of things to cut without crossing the line between cheap and abysmal like the Nano basic. ;) But I'm sure some new things will come out.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Tapar: block/plug
    Rejilla: grille/grating (air vents)
    Reposacabeza: headrest

:)

• Like Like x 1
  11. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 2
  12. Günther

Günther
    Expand Collapse

After some research I think, the lower powered 1.5L with 92hp should be the basic version, with the 1.2L 3-cylinder could be the top of the line model (really is a 1.1L with a cylinder cut off), with turbocharger having like 110hp, actually this is a bit like the modern Romanian Dacia cars.

Diesel is nice, but getting a bit too much engine options for a basic model, in my opinion.. :)
    By the way very nice work getting it together. :)
    Later on I don't know if it is possible, doing a hatchback version of sunburst, could be the first modern day hatch for beamng.

#52 Günther, Sep 2, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
  13. KozyKat

KozyKat
    Expand Collapse

I really like this mod, but here are a few suggestions. The grille on the car is a little to sporty, so how about a areo grille? (A basic grille, similar to the one on the '89 Pessima HX) And finally, you don't really need the taillight above the trunk, so why not just remove it? Thank you for your time. Good luck with this mod, it looks great so far!

Attached Files:

• 20160902134005_1.jpg
    • 20160902134015_1.jpg
  14. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

No, a 3rd breaklight is required to all modern cars nowadays!

15. KozyKat

KozyKat
    Expand Collapse

Oh, well, same with ESC, and the start doesn't have it.

16. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

I agree on the grille, could be more plain and simple indeed. I was thinking about deleting the whole thing, and make the entire bonnet 100% metal, but...making a new bonnet just for this car means money, so yes, I think an aero grille could be the perfect solution, I'll see what I can do :)

The 3rd braking light...as Tommy1995 said, is even more common than ESC or ABS, even the dreadful Tata Nano has it, so I think it's better to keep it.

Yes, but since this is not a 100% new car, and limited to certain countries, I thought ABS was enough, one of the fun bits of this car is having the most basic driving experience as possible, and even though I agree adding ESC would make it more realistic...it would make it a bit boring as well.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Jurrunio

Jurrunio
    Expand Collapse

I thought a car without esc can only get a bad safety rating, but can still get on the road legally??

Also, does a car slow as a Start really need and ESC?

18. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Seconded.

3rd brake light is mandatory everywhere, while ESC is required for all new vehicles just in continental Europe and Australia, and only for passenger cars in the US and Canada. And so are airbags, AFAIK.

So, as this version was envisioned as an impoverished version for developing countries, it kinda makes sense that it doesn't come with ESC as standard.

19. Aleferna_dls

Aleferna_dls
    Expand Collapse

A general idea about how could the car be (Antenna isn't neccesary):
    PicsArt_09-03-12.49.10.jpg
    PicsArt_09-03-01.05.49.jpg

#59 Aleferna_dls, Sep 3, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Godzilla!

Godzilla!
    Expand Collapse

I have actually thought of something like this earlier.
    screenshot_00976possibility.png
    That and the lack of A/C for an even cheaper model (either a new dashboard or have covers as placeholders).

Either way, this is a pretty plain car; it's perfect for this game. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice