HK G36C battery replacment

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by IBsenoj, Nov 7, 2015.

1. IBsenoj

IBsenoj
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys, off-topic, but I know there are smart people on here.
    I just bought an HK Competition G36C Airsoft gun.
    I got it from a yard sale for $25 bucks.
    Retail from Umarexusa.com is $204
    So its a good deal but no battery came with it. After looking at the pdf manual (from umarexusa) It says to use a minimum of 9.6V and 3000MaH.
    The problem is, that when I google that, none of the "mini type" batteries show up. only 8.4V
    I need the recommended battery voltage so I can unlock the gearbox. It was improperly used and they used the gun until the battery died. And when that happens the gearbox stopped in a half-way position. which means a lower voltage battery will not be able to move it back into normal position.
    Manual: https://www.umarexusa.com/files/Manual-HK-G36C-Competition-2275000-OCT0611.pdf
    battery I've tried but did not fit (wrong connector type, and size I think): http://www.amazon.com/Tenergy-1600m...1_1?s=paintball&ie=UTF8&qid=1446913529&sr=1-1

Can someone find the right battery for me?
    -update-

I try to use this gun with this adapter I soldered, then glue for protection. i plug it in, pull the trigger, nothing. nothing happens, no sounds either. Help please?

#1 IBsenoj, Nov 7, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

any 8 cell nickel metal hydride (NiMH) will do then. Although I'd expect it to cycle with a 6 cell unless the gearbox is actually damaged. The photographs actually show it with a 7 cell battery which would be 8.4v, unless they are rating the gun by the battery termination voltage rather than nominal voltage or it was an older photo.

What you could do is remove the spring from the gun to remove tension from the action and manually cycle through to the reset point. Grease everything while you are at it.

Or resolder the connections on whatever battery you can get to fit.

• Like Like x 1
  3. IBsenoj

IBsenoj
    Expand Collapse

Hey could someone hunt with me for a battery with a weblink or a store I can go to so I can get this thing working? I am on a huge time crunch now and need it fast.

4. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

... If the gearbox is locked I doubt that a higher voltage battery will unlock it?

From what can tell you've already got the correct battery. The Tenergy pack features the common/crap Tamiya connector. It also appears to be the same configuration of cells as this pack sold for the G36C - https://www.umarexusa.com/HK-G36C-Airsoft-Battery.html

In what way did the Tenergy pack not fit? Post a detailed picture of the connector your Airsoft gun currently has on it.

5. IBsenoj

IBsenoj
    Expand Collapse

Here's the plug type. If you need better pictures you'll have to wait until I am home.

6. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

I don't see an attachment.

7. IBsenoj

IBsenoj
    Expand Collapse

Sorry I guess it doesn't work on mobile. But I'm home now.
    IMG_3037.JPG

8. IBsenoj

IBsenoj
    Expand Collapse

I can take much more detailed pictures if needed.
    Also, that battery is currently out of stock... Or at least that's what it looks like.

9. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

I'm not big on airsoft, but as far as I know this is not a common connector, even for airsoft. It appears to be a JST SM connector. If you'd like, measure the center-to-center on those pins (in millimeters or a precise equivalent please).

I would recommend replacing them with whatever your Airsoft buddies say is common & good. Tamiya (not good) and regular Deans Ultra Plug (great) are common connectors, but I don't know if they'll fit inside your small battery compartment. Maybe Deans Micro would be a good choice, but I doubt that it's common for airsoft. Check into it yourself. Also note that whatever you end up with on the gun and battery you'll also need on your charger... I doubt that you'll find many chargers with the JST SM connector.

I also don't understand why Umarex chose to put the female connector on the gun and male connector on the battery. IMO that's a safety problem.

Nevertheless, here is a US source for 2-pin JST SM pigtails:
    https://www.adafruit.com/products/318
    https://www.adafruit.com/products/319

• Like Like x 1
  10. IBsenoj

IBsenoj
    Expand Collapse

PLEASE help me. check the first post again.

11. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

Looks like the yardsale vendor mislead you. I forget exactly how these work. There are plenty of animations and diagrams on the internet explaining it.

Assuming that the airsoft rifle is completely silent when you pull the trigger... Either an electric switch is broken (trigger or maybe a switch that's part of the cycling process?) or the motor is completely dead. The motor could be completely dead if someone wired up a very, very high voltage battery to it or did other certain bad things... or just had bad luck. I'd strip it down and start testing things. If you can check switches for continuity that's a good first base to cover.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice