Hotlap attempts @Road Atlanta

Discussion in 'Videos, Screenshots and other Artwork' started by fufsgfen, Feb 13, 2018.

1. 440cid

440cid
    Expand Collapse

Disabled FFB, disabled in-game steering wheel. I was 1.563 seconds faster despite of some oops moment that made me slower.

2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

That is quite well, you probably lost something close two seconds with oops there and still got faster time.

I get confused with cockpit cameras movement, so I use relative camera instead, you need to enable it from options though. It is same as cockpit camera, but does not shake around, also you can use wsad and pageup/down to move it around to place how you like it.

Sunburst has lot of brake overheating issues, it is probably as bad in this aspect as your choice of vehicle, can't do even two laps before brakes are cooked, but this thing goes fast got 1:25.89 with not so perfect lap, about 6 seconds per lap faster than K-series:
    upload_2018-2-17_18-25-8.png

Sunburst hillclimb has around 800kg of downforce at 160mph or so.

3. 440cid

440cid
    Expand Collapse

Just did this:

Drove it harsher, less careful, shifted gears harder (you can see I mis-shifted once in that video) but got faster time than before!

I've been driving using cockpit view since the first time I played Beam so I already get used to it. When I was using xbox controller, I can adjust the camera easily using the right analog.

My vehicle choice is as bad as it gets.... Stock suspension, underwhelming brakes with no ABS, too much power for its tires and the tires itself isn't too great.

I have an idea, how about we use a choice of Beam.NG's stock preset car and see how we handle it?

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

That is really good improvement!

Stock preset, do you mean without tuning wheel alignment, dampers and all that?

For me default setups seem not to be working at all, Sunburst hill climb for example, it is default preset, but I did change few little things at tuning page, you can compare my setup and default setup, I think you will get the idea :p

But this Moonhawk track config is quite nice of default cars:
    upload_2018-2-17_19-29-39.png

Attached Files:

5. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I thought I should add video of last screenshot, but had little trouble to match the speed and time on screenshot came so easily, must be bad day for hot lapping, however it is fairly close.

It's bit annoying how when doing several retries and cutting best out from video, sometimes there is no picture for first seconds, also virtual dub is not able to show video, just odd mess, so cutting is bit guessing, but I guess it works enough well, you can hear engine and see tires sliding, or something along those lines :D

6. Neo

Neo
    Expand Collapse

20180225191534_1.jpg
    1:39 with my RedLampda

20180225193125_1.jpg
    1:32 with a Civetta Bolide Corse Competizione

#26 Neo, Feb 25, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Neo

Neo
    Expand Collapse

Stock Sunburst Track - 1:32

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice