How can I get the best fps Ina potato???

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by drivingbubble, Jul 30, 2014.

1. drivingbubble

drivingbubble
    Expand Collapse

My PC can't even run beamng with the lighting on low. Any tips on how I can easily improve graphics without too much lag????oh and I have a 50$ graphics card.

2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

CPU and GPU models, that your graphics card cost $50 tells us absolutely nothing about the actual spec of the rig except its probably low end.

3. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

We need your specs.

4. drivingbubble

drivingbubble
    Expand Collapse

Usually when I say potato it's pretty low end

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

5. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

We need the specs. For 50$ it sure is a potato but there are different potatoes.... lol.

6. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Yes but whats the spec?

Besides turning the settings to low, ensuring the machine isn't in low power mode and closing any resource hungry applications running in the background there really isn't much you can do besides facing that this game doesnt run well on POS computers. Only thing you can really do is open the renderer settings from the ingame menu (not the main options screen) and disable the shadows. Also turn off the PostFX if you havent already as they really drain on resources.

7. drivingbubble

drivingbubble
    Expand Collapse

My pc has an intel core i5 CPU 8 gigs of ram a 64 bit operating system and the graphics card is a ATI Radeon HD 5450 also a 1Tb hard drive hopefully that helps you on the specs of my potato.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

8. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

core i5 isn't a model, its a massive model family ranging from almost a potato (none of the current gen i5's are absolutely terrible at any rate, not necessarily good enough for BeamNG though) to really damn good.
    8gb RAM + 64 bit OS, perfect choice for 99.99% of applications.

The HD5450, yeah, terrible. Its average passmark score is a mere 233 points. Intels HD 3000 integrated graphics chipset scores 307, their HD 4000 gets 455 (so almost double your GPU) and the HD 5000 gets 608. All core i5 chips have intel HD integrated graphics, just a question of which model (there are a few more models than I just stated but those are the main ones), switch BeamNG to use you're integrated graphics.

9. drivingbubble

drivingbubble
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the all the help

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice