How can I make a car mod?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by bangladesh stan account, Feb 21, 2020.

1. bangladesh stan account

bangladesh stan account
    Expand Collapse

Hi, English is my second language so I'm sorry for my bad grammar.

Anyways, I want to learn how to make a car mod. I really want to make a mod of a car so average, a car completely made out of plastic and coca cola cans.... The 1999 Dodge Neon

I don't know where to start, I don't know what to use and how to use it. I will probably use things from the 96' Pessima. I'm planning to make a bunch of configurations, with some looking like the kind of car you would see your 6 year old brother make in need for speed: underground if I can add neons.

2. carcrazyalex

carcrazyalex
    Expand Collapse

3. bangladesh stan account

bangladesh stan account
    Expand Collapse

4. 8lastMeOff

8lastMeOff
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. bangladesh stan account

bangladesh stan account
    Expand Collapse

oh, damn. is there an up-to-date tutorial? also, could i use a model from 3dmodels.com until i learn how to make a decent one myself?

6. 8lastMeOff

8lastMeOff
    Expand Collapse

:( I think there is a tutorial somewhere, just can't find it...
    Also yes, you can use free models as long as you get the author's permission.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Making a car is no easy task (even if it's just the model). It will definitely take a few months to learn the basics of Blender & know how to properly use it to create what you want. For a good start, you should watch a few videos on how to use the basics of Blender in terms of hardsurface modeling & then try to push yourself & make a knife, a racket, glass etc. just to learn how to manipulate the meshes & stuff. After that, you can try to create a boxy-ish car (but not too boxy) which should improve your skills quicker than just learning from tutorials

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. ViroGamer

ViroGamer
    Expand Collapse

Don't forget the Jbeams. After doing your new car model, you gotta add the jbeams which will take a long time from scratch since you need to make each jbeam its own through notepad ++ and have to use co ordinates from blender into the notepad. After that you gotta write all the textures and skins for your configurations which may leave you discouraged to make a few. Some modders take years to build a car mod but after all that hard work, they make a good car. Probably spending 10-30 minutes a day learning an practicing modelling, jbeaming and making textures for your car or it will come up with the orange ''No Texture'' sign. You also gotta import it into BeamNG without the spawning failing and showing an error. If this happens go to the notepad your using and figure out the bug and fix it. This is no dismotivation, this is to get you prepared, I hope you luck :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice