How can I make an automatic part-time 4WD drivetrain depending on how slippery is the road?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by pss5156, Oct 6, 2019.

1. pss5156

pss5156
    Expand Collapse

Automatically interchangable drivetrain between 4wd and rwd

2. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

awd drivetrain, and play with the center diff (has to be LSD of some kind). have the base torque split be 0% to the front wheels, but adjust the locking and preload to get it to lock into awd mode when stuff goes wrong.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. pss5156

pss5156
    Expand Collapse

What if each tire has different grip depends on the road condition and want to transfer differant power to each wheels? Is center diff do the same effect? Also, I want to know the way vehicle detacts the road condition by itself. This movement should be all in automatic way like audi r8. This is no suv at all. I am talking about k series. In high speed 90% of the power goes to rear for a higher speed. In the corner, outside wheel gets more power than the other for a better turn. In the snow, if FL tire is in ice, that FL tire gets 40% of power and FR, RL, RR tire gets 20% each.

4. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

it's difficult. i believe the sunburst has lua code for an active differential, maybe take a look at that and try to adapt it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. pss5156

pss5156
    Expand Collapse

Ahh. That helps a lot. At least now I know where to start. Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice