1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

How do I fix laggy frame rate?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Captain Oldies, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Captain Oldies

Captain Oldies
    Expand Collapse

Hello everyone!
    I have had some trouble with laggy frame rate for the past few months. I do not know how to fix the lag.
    I do have a decent computer, I cleared cache, and I completely reinstalled the whole game.
    I recently got a new, better graphics card and the situation is the same or even worse.

Could I get a tutorial or a answer?
    That would be appreciated!

2. Br3by

Br3by
    Expand Collapse

Specs?
    You could check if you connected the monitor to the GPU correctly.
    Does it happen on all maps?

3. Captain Oldies

Captain Oldies
    Expand Collapse

I thankyou for responding! I will check. I think it is.
    I possibly can record ingame gameplay and if I somehow can attach the file on here I could show you a direct example. Yes, it happens on all maps, including the grid map. I have an above specks computer.
    The lag happens at a rate. 15 to 30 seconds the game runs smoothly than 10 to 20 seconds of laggy frame rate.
    It happens even if I have one car spawned.
    I know its not my internet maybe its a game bug that is affecting many people. When I first installed this game three years ago I did not have this problem.
    The lag is to much it effects my in game enjoyment. (That's why I am actually posting this message)

#3 Captain Oldies, Nov 28, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  4. Captain Oldies

Captain Oldies
    Expand Collapse

Should I just give up on this game? This is only happening to me. Why does it have to happen to just me!!!

5. LucasBE

LucasBE
    Expand Collapse

Could you possibly give your computer's specifications (such as its processor and its graphics card). It would greatly help us in solving your problem
    Thank you

6. Captain Oldies

Captain Oldies
    Expand Collapse

My specks for my processor is an AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor. Is that enough for the general idea of what you asked for?

Also does ram effect gameplay?

7. SturdyRabbit

SturdyRabbit
    Expand Collapse

Ok so i have a Gtx 1080 and i7 7700 along with 16gb of ram all with plenty of cooling I know its not the top of the line stuff now days but why does beam sit at 20-30 fps and yet dosnt show up to be using an more then 60% max of anything not using more then 50% cpu and no more then 60% gpu? ram has plenty of head space with 8gb free when the games running and its on an ssd so thats fine?? any advice this has also been getting worse for months i have reinstalled and all drivers are spot on????

8. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

Yes ram effects gameplay too.

Please also post your GPU and how many gb of ram.
    So far, your CPU (processor) itself does not actually meet the recommended requirement for BeamNG.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice