Solved How do I get my terrain mod to work for other people?

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by XTeeManX, Jun 21, 2018.

1. XTeeManX

XTeeManX
    Expand Collapse

So I've been working on a mod; https://www.beamng.com/threads/derby_2k18-a-better-more-realistic-derby-map.55551/

But it doesn't seem to want to work properly...

How the heck do I get this to work for other people? That's the only part I don't understand. I changed all the files, named them right, triple checked as well. When I go in game, it works perfectly fine for me. I edited the terrain and saved it using the "File > Save Terrain > Play > Alt F4" Method, But when I copy it, delete it, then put it back into my mod folder, when I load up the game, the preview, thumbnail, description and everything is fine, but when it loads up the map, one of two things happens; 1. It reverts back to the original "Derby Arenas" map, or 2. It loads up my map, but with no textures or materials, everything is grayed out grid and orange. Any help is appreciated!

2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

There are several items.level.json files, you need to edit paths manually on all of those. It is best that you examine all of json files in every folder of your map and check that paths are what they should be.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. XTeeManX

XTeeManX
    Expand Collapse

I just did that, went through every single one of the files in the folder, turns out there was one simple line in one of the .json files that for some reason wasn't changed when I renamed everything, it works now, I haven't had an issue, hopefully it stays that way, thank you so much you're honestly a live saver!

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

That editor is bit of broken, it does not like to save with save as very well and it tends to do things it should not as well as leave things done which it should, but devs are working on to fix it, just might take some time to see those fixes.

Have a backups, lots of, because with that editor those are needed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice