1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

How do I make a map have a rain?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aeoe, Aug 28, 2020.

1. aeoe

aeoe
    Expand Collapse

I want to make the industrial map have rain, but I can't quite figure out how to do it with world editor.

2. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

Make it really hot and then eventually it will rain from all the evaporation

Joke

• Like Like x 3
  3. LJFHutch

LJFHutch
    Expand Collapse
    Environment Artist
    BeamNG Team

Weather has never been fully implemented, only experimented with so don't expect a perfect result. That said you can get an alright rain effect by following this (it's a little technical):

1. All the level objects you see in the screenshots need to be copied from Jungle Rock Island over to the level you want to add rain to (JRI was set up a while ago as a quick test), the fastest way to do this is to use a text editor and copy them from the .json in JRI and paste to the new map but this might be difficult so you could also just make a new object and manually enter the values from the screenshots (you only need to make 2 rain objects and one audio object)
    2. Drops - set numDrops to 200 in both "rain_single_drops" and "rain_coverage", you should see rain fall now (if there's no splashes you might need to disable and then enable the doCollisions checkbox)
    3. Rain sound - set "sourceGroup" to AudioChannelEffects, track to amb_rain_medium
    4. Sky colour - in the paths for the four gradient images swap "default" to "overcast" and change the time to update (you can use the ingame time of day)
    5. The overcast sunScale gradient is a bit too bright so you could choose a dark grey for the sunScale colour/edit the gradient (this will be lost if you change time of day though)
    I hope this helps.

• Like Like x 10
  4. aeoe

aeoe
    Expand Collapse

Thank you!
    --- Post updated ---
    Might sound like a dumb question, but how do i get it to be a separate map so i could boot up normal Industrial and the Rainy industrial?

5. LJFHutch

LJFHutch
    Expand Collapse
    Environment Artist
    BeamNG Team

A mod for the map would probably be the best way to do that.

• Like Like x 1
  6. FrameKixrr

FrameKixrr
    Expand Collapse

I see you everywhere, you are a funny guy I hope you are staying safe in this pandemic. :)

#6 FrameKixrr, Sep 7, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  7. aeoe

aeoe
    Expand Collapse

Thank you, it works perfectly!!!

8. Race_Four

Race_Four
    Expand Collapse

Don't put the amount over 1 million

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice