How Do I Separate The Original Legran From My Modded One?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by roamerdude, May 1, 2019.

1. roamerdude

roamerdude
    Expand Collapse

i have tried and tried, nothing works for me but im sure people can figure it out.

Attached Files:

2. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Hi, sorry I've no time to look at your zip file but I think best way to seperate a vehicle consists of a few important steps.
    You have to unpack the mods zip file and make some changes.
    info.json file : give it it's own name AND change the author's name >> of course you never reupload a vehicle this way
    pc files : need to be linked to info.json (cause the info.json says "default pc file : .... ") so ALSO rename as above
    zip file : change the name of zip file if it's the same as original
    Oh, after giving mod different name also copy ping file's for UI and rename to mod's new name.(actually same as pc file)
    Repack the mod's zip file.

I probably forgot something here or there but give it a start trying these things first :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

Why do you need to separate your legran? Unless you plan on making a whole new vehicle, you should be able to just add the parts you want to the Legran.

4. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Ok I took a look at your zip file and changed it so it works. Here it is.
    Forget about pc file names I guess. I tested : different work same work.
    What you forgot was to change the folder name within the zip file > Leg12 - vehicles/legran
    games still searches in legran folder , I changed to vehicles/leg12 now works :)
    I DID also change your material file (changed materials directory from legran to leg12 , except for /common material files).
    That is not necessary but if you are modding you might maybe adapt something in there.
    If you don't want then repack(zip) old material file. I also put back all the other files in there so the car works properly.
    Now it's time for you to go and mess them up , just kidding, you know what I mean :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. roamerdude

roamerdude
    Expand Collapse

why thank you ver7y much! i was on a 6 hour road trip so i couldnt respnd but thanks again man!
    --- Post updated ---
    because I wanted to make it easier for people (and me) to compare the original and find it. when im done with the mods im making then ill upload as something like the Legran LS or some other subtitle.

btw the next thing i am doing is creating a second sound file out of my real life car, only problem is that my car is an I4, not a V6

#5 roamerdude, May 1, 2019
    Last edited: May 1, 2019
  6. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Very welcome :)

ps If you upload any content from another author don't forget to ask permission and or credit (depending on author's demand)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice