1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

How do you save an edited map!! :(

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Enjoi_Panda36, Jan 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Enjoi_Panda36

Enjoi_Panda36
    Expand Collapse

hello everyone, I have been trying to edit the current map "gridmap" to my likings and when I get it how I want and I go to save it there are no files of my map anywhere. I've watched a few tutorials and still nothing has worked. its starting to get annoying. can some please help and give me detailed steps of how to do it or if I'm doing something wrong. ive tried to just "save as" it and just normal "save" and neither worked. after I saved it I went to Documents/Beamngdrive/levels/and its not there. I even checked the mods folder and nothing... someone please help I would very much appreciate it!.

2. mumboking

mumboking
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure if "Save as" actually works.
    Seeing as you're modifying GridMap, pressing "Save" creates some files in Documents/BeamNG.drive/levels/GridMap. That's your modified map.

3. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

When you change or modify a map those changed files are written/saved to
    Documents/BeamNG.drive/levels/mapname or Documents/BeamNG.drive/cache0.5/levels/mapname.
    Depending what you are doing changes can be saved in both places. In most cases these changed
    files will need to be copied, pasted to overwrite the original map files.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice