1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

How many cars and maps will the final game have?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Trykkestar, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Trykkestar

Trykkestar
    Expand Collapse

I've been wondering this for a very long time, and I feel like I should ask it. How many cars and maps do you plan on making before releasing the final game? The maps aren't of great importance to me since they already look fantastic and I know the community will be releasing a lot of maps too. The cars are what I'm curious about. How many do you plan on making? Are you just kinda making them as they come to mind, or do you have some advanced plan devised to manage each build? I'm not asking for an exact number, just a rounded answer (like "around 30" or "more than 20"). Even a blunt "we don't know" is enough of an answer for me (if you are just going to create cars until the release). I don't know whether you are going to make a huge fleet of cars, or if you plan on making a small handful and allowing the community to create the rest. Either way, I'm sure it will be fantastic!

2. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

You will see :)

3. BosniaFTW

BosniaFTW
    Expand Collapse

Can you at least tell us whether or not you guys will keep releasing cars after the release of the game?

4. roy99669

roy99669
    Expand Collapse

I think they will continue making cars after the final game is released. Because if they would stop making cars after the final release, the game will get boring after a while when you can only play with the same cars and there wouldnt be new ones coming.

5. Trykkestar

Trykkestar
    Expand Collapse

Remember though. The community will be making cars too. After the game is released, people will still be modding cars, so there will basically be an infinite number of cars after the release. Unfortunately, you will have to sort through the sloppy "my first model" cars and the perfected cars made from people who know what they're doing. ;)

6. Mad-Alex

Mad-Alex
    Expand Collapse

Don't forget about fact, that community will need some good wiki instructions from devs, on how to build good working chasis for cars, and of course time to get familiar with it.
    I know that devs already working on the wiki for us. Also i've read somewhere( I don't remeber) that to put car in BeamNG's/game, will be much harder than in RoR.

#6 Mad-Alex, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  7. stephen f

stephen f
    Expand Collapse

They probably will in the form of dlc, which will probably cost $9.99 per car. I HOPE IM WRONG as i hate dlc!!

8. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

Believe me, they don't plan on being lame. They're a good team that has respect for its customer base.

9. Trykkestar

Trykkestar
    Expand Collapse

I doubt it. They will probably make us pay for the game, then continue to add cars and maps after release to keep people interested. If they do put a price on dlc, it wouldn't be $9.99 unless the game itself is free. Otherwise, it would be way too expensive. I'd say $0.99 would be a fairer price, and that still seems high. I guess we'll have to wait and see. ;)

10. Mad-Alex

Mad-Alex
    Expand Collapse

From my point of view, it's a little bit early to talk about any costs for the game and dlc's for it.

Here is the main reasons

1. Game don't have any name yet
    2. Devs did't decide yet, will it be commercial or free
    3. We don't know how actual gameplay will look like

#10 Mad-Alex, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  11. Trykkestar

Trykkestar
    Expand Collapse

I'm just basing my numbers off of dlc from other games. Also, even though it hasn't been announced, I'm pretty convinced that it will cost money. It would be weird to release such an amazing game after so much work for free.

12. stephen f

stephen f
    Expand Collapse

I agree, too much time and effort went into making this game and to just give it away seems a little unfair to the developers and car makers.

13. Mad-Alex

Mad-Alex
    Expand Collapse

When i was talking about "will it be free or not", my suggestions was based on this - read it http://www.beamng.com/faq.php?faq=beamng#faq_costmoney:mad:

14. Trykkestar

Trykkestar
    Expand Collapse

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice