Solved How to create configs of custom skins in one .zip

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Catt, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Catt

Catt
    Expand Collapse

Ok, so for quite a while now I've been searching around forums and different places on the internet, I've also attempted to look through different mods' files to learn. But my attempts have all been unsuccessful.

So I just decided to ask you people who actually know what they're doing.

I have around 5 to 8 skins which I have wanted to include in a pack. As for now, i have succesfully combined the skins alone into a pack (which is unsurprising, since it's quite simple), though I can't for the love of it figure out how to include a configuration in the same pack.
    Video tutorial i used for learning to make skins:

Would anyone mind helping me out?

2. DaddelZeit

DaddelZeit
    Expand Collapse

There should be a .pc file in Documents/BeamNG.drive/vehicles/vehiclename, along with an icon.
    However, before you put these into your zip, be sure to generate some thumbnails for them by opening up the showroom map and clicking generate thumbnails in the dialogue box that pops up.
    In the new dialogue, please select the vehicle you've created the configs for, and let the generator run. After everythings finished, go back to Documents/BeamNG.drive/vehicles/vehiclename, and copy the .pc with it's thumbnails into your
    zip file (name.zip/vehicles/name) and paste them there.
    Next, you wanna find your game files by going to steam, right-clicking on BeamNG in your library, then Properties > Local Files and then click on the big button at the top.
    Then navigate to content/vehicles, open the zip you chose for your car, open vehicles and then car name.
    There, you search for an info file (info_sfghfgshs.json), copy one and put it in the same folder as your pc file.
    Next, be sure to rename it to info_configname.json, open it, and change description and name.
    Then open your game and you should have a config ready to be opened.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Catt

Catt
    Expand Collapse

Thank you, I’ll be sure to try it out when I have time.

4. Catt

Catt
    Expand Collapse

OK thank you, everything now works as intended.

Wouldn't have figured this out without you, lmao

5. FordKing

FordKing
    Expand Collapse

Its not the same in a different drive

6. Catt

Catt
    Expand Collapse

What?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice