How to get more verbose log file?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by bob.blunderton, Dec 10, 2017.

1. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

is there a setting I can change, somewhere, to get a more verbose log file with this game?
    Something is getting crash-happy with the Roane County map of mine, and I don't know what it is.
    I have put map project on hold until I can figure this out. Nothing in the log tells me what's going on, it just crashes out most of the way through the level loading screen right before player spawn.
    Had to remove all other mods, and delete settings, and restarted PC, after which, it loaded.
    This didn't start until I went and had to revert to my 0.10.x game-version of the map, backup, because I wanted to use the fix for the spawns by the moderators. This meant I re-downloaded my map from the server, and re-applied my change to THELEVELINFO (edited some numbers by hand).

So I need a way to make the log more verbose. Something is bombing this game hardcore for myself and other people. I don't have a log to share because the game seems to have deleted them on me after not using them. I had it before, don't know where it went (it's not in cache\crashreports).
    Anything I can do here?

I've made it not crash by removing other mods. If I make it crash again I am not sure I can get it running again so I am hesitant to put mods back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Well, a way to get a cleanest log as possible is disabling every single mod first (or just keep the one you need)
    Aside that, not much. Log is fixed, there is no 'simplified' mode hidden anywhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Okay, thanks. I did disable other mods, it is a mod conflict, just wasn't sure if there's a way the log is telling me which one, but thanks for mentioning that anyways.

Does anyone know what 'visible collision final' or whatever it is means?
    It's a new option for DAE's in the f1 object editor of the f11 map editor. Does this do something different than 'visible collision'?

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

I haven't tested it myself yet, but I'm almost sure it means the final collision after applying all the location/rotation/scale values of the object (ie. in case your object origin is not at 0,0,0)

5. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

That affects my railroad tracks in Roane County if I use 'Use Floor' or 'Use Center'.
    That is VERY handy to know if I have clicked the wrong box and my object origin ends up wrong. Will save me multiple minutes shutting everything down, only to change an object .cs file's options like use_center or use_floor etc, then reboot everything. Though in a perfect world we shouldn't need to do this as everything would be in the forest brush. Sometimes though, if stretching far enough, the collision that is usually a paper-thickness below the object's real walls (with a COLMESH used), when the object is stretched 10x, will become 6 inches (10cm?) behind the object's visible walls, so it could be very helpful here indeed. Will keep my eyes peeled!

Thanks! That is all, you can delete this when cleaning up the threads if needed (or leave for others.).

--Cheers!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice